Front-end Widget Developer
We are looking for programmers with a keen eye for design for the position of Front-End Developer. Front-end Developers are responsible for ensuring the alignment of web design and user experience requirements, optimizing web pages for efficiency, and maintaining brand consistency across all web pages, among other duties.
Front End Developers are required to work in teams alongside Back end Developers, Business and QA to ensure all elements of web creation are consistent. This requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To carry out the following key tasks as Front-End Developer within the Front-End Development team:
- Craft the structure and design of web pages;
- Ensuring user experience settles design choices;
- Developing features to improve the user experience;
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design;
- Ensuring web design is optimized for smartphones;
- Building reusable code for future use;
- Improving web pages for maximum speed and scalability;
- Utilizing a variety of markup languages to write web pages;
- Sustaining brand consistency throughout the design;
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal relationship skills and strong team player;
- Being able to develop and contribute to the design of solutions;
- Being actively involved in all planning sessions and aiding task breakdown and estimation;
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Rich experience in web UI development using HTML, CSS, Less, PostCSS, etc.
- Hands on use of systems for requirements gathering and bug tracking, documentation tools, CRM systems;
- Hands-on front-end web development in a complex environment;
- Optimize code for maximum speed and scalability;
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving (Requirements analysis, documentation, specification, testing);
- Agile, Waterfall and full SDLC experience;
- Experience use of Jira/Scrum/Kanban in an Agile environment;
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We improve each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension
- 25 days’ holiday a year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance policy
- Meal vouchers
- Share Purchase Plan
- Volunteering Days
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder – which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.