IT Disaster Recovery Engineer
Allianz Services is proud to serve and be part of Allianz Group, one of the world's leading insurers and asset managers. Our strong global footprint, with around 4500 employees located across eight countries and four continents, enables us to unlock the full potential towards driving a superior client experience within Allianz Group.
We are Actuaries, Business Analysts, Finance Experts, Consulting Managers, HR People, Communication Professionals; Operation Engineers and Insurers; we are daughters and sons, mothers and fathers.
Our people are what matter most, rooted in our values, and we strive to continuously evolve, improve, and create a superior client experience while contributing successfully to the transformation of Allianz. Caring actively for the environment, for people, and for our customers is what makes us a great place to work and together we are shaping a better and more caring tomorrow.
Allianz Technology provides an IT Disaster Recovery Service to more than 20 Allianz entities with hundreds of applications involved. The IT DR Testing Engineer is the central role for delivering the service, part of a team dealing with numerous individual projects.
- Analyzing customer needs, evaluating feasibility and detailing steps for each IT DR Test;
- Counselling the customer for individual, technical DR test scope;
- Driving the process from technical requirement to individual solution for each DR test, relying on defined best practices and standards;
- Verifying technical and architectural requirements and implementing changes;
- Cooperating with internal entities and providers to ensure that customer can fulfil their local audit requirements;
- Defining the architecture, design and enhancements for the DR Test environments;
- Implementing individual testing environment and conducting recovery activities, including operations, capacity, licensing, etc.
- University degree (business information systems or similar) or comparable qualification;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in IT engineering focusing on IT infrastructure;
- Required IT experience with mainframe, midrange and distributed computing systems, incident management, security and network standards;
- IT architecture know-how and expertise with technologies across all layers (DNS, Linux, Windows, AIX, mainframe, large datacenter installations and their management);
- Hands-on competence in at least two of the following areas of expertise: routing configuration (LAN), VPN configuration, AD configuration and use (domain join, user account set up and reset), VMware SRM (DR-Plan definition), local user administration (Linux/AIX, Windows), RDP and SSH, VDI (setup and administration based on VMware, image deployment, troubleshooting);
- High level understanding of dependencies between different systems and applications.
- International work experience and ability to understand and work with a complex multinational organization and global teams;
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as ability to jointly work with multiple groups;
- Fluent English;
- Accurate, reliable and independent way of working;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Customer and service oriented demeanor.
We place people at the core of what we do, this is why we are committed to your personal and professional growth:
- Complete training curricula available (tailored courses);
- International Certifications (Agile, Prince, ITIL, IFOA, ACCA, IACCM etc.);
- Comprehensive Leadership Programs;
- All you can learn with LinkedIn Learning!
- German Language Courses for any level;
- All you can read with Bookster!
- Work from Home Option available;
- Get a free day on your Birthday or come at work and receive Gift Vouchers/Tickets!
- Go on Vacation and get a Holiday Bonus!
- Corporate Massage;
- Weekly Fruit Day;
- WorldClass & 7Card Gym Discounts;
- Employee Assistance Program - Helpline 24/7.
- Fixed salary compensation along with rewards & recognition performance-related bonus scheme;
- Meal and Gift Tickets.