Tutor Coordinator for Primary School
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Teach for Romania active
View all jobs Tutor Coordinator for Primary School active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Education - Training active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Non profit Charitable Organizations active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Human Resources - Psychology active on Hipo.ro
Teach for Romania este o organizație non-guvernamentală, parte din rețeaua globală Teach for All, care caută și pregătește oameni valoroși, cu sau fără experiență anterioară de predare, pentru a deveni profesori în învățământul de stat, pentru copiii din medii vulnerabile.
Pentru un tânăr în România de astăzi, educația, cunoștințele pe care le dobândește și mediul în care crește sunt cruciale pentru oportunitățile la care are acces mai departe.
Calitatea educației pe care acesta o primește până la vârsta de 15 ani este determinantă pentru parcursul său ulterior în viață.
We are looking for someone with:
• Training skills;
• Self-reflection abilities;
• A strong critical thinking;
• A strong Sense of Possibility;
• Willingness to learn;
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Exceptional people management skills (mentoring, coaching and communication skills);
• English Proficency minimum level B.
• Fit with Teach for Romania’s vision, mission, values;
• A team player;
• Comfortable with evaluating teachers;
• An autonomous worker;
• Action oriented;
• Confortable working with the ocassional uncertinty.
• MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Experience required for this role:
• 2 years experience or more of working experience in primary school teaching or secondary school teaching.
• Experience working closely with low-income communities.
• Classroom management and instructional experience.
It would be a plus:
• T-o-T certificate preferred
• Driving licence category B
• Previous management experience
• Strategic thinking.
TRAINING AND SUPPORT TEAM – Summary
The Training & Support team focuses on a few key areas in the organization: the Leadership Summer Academy, ongoing training and development and student achievement impact / results. The Training team at the Leadership Summer Academy works to equip teachers with the knowledge, skills and beliefs they need in order to lead their students to high achievements and an excellent education.
The knowledge, skills and beliefs align to our leadership framework called Teaching As Leadership. The training team also delivers ongoing teacher training over their two years. The Training & Support team works to create assessments and year-long plans, create performance management and tracker tools, collect and analyze student achievement data.
The Training & Support team works with external partners to create our organizational curriculum, and performance systems for our teachers and tutors/coordinators.
TUTOR COORDINATOR POSITION – Summary
You will manage, support and train groups of 12-16 teachers, and will be responsible for the development and growth of the young professionals as teachers, helping them to lead their classroom to great student achievement. You will break down the Teaching As Leadership model and explain teaching practices and methods in an effective way. You should be able to deal with conflicts and come up with proper resolutions, as well as develop resilience as a vital skill in teachers.
We are really looking for a person who will wear a few „hats” in this role:
• Leader - in inspiring people (having a vision, being able to manage different changes, being determined to pursue his/her vision despite any obstacle, keeping commitments, sharing best practices and experiences with the teachers, demonstrating learning authonomy, leading by example)
• Coach - developing people (loving and caring deeply for assigned teachers, building strong relationships, active listening, understanding each teacher’s uniqueness profile and the need to differentiate support, knowing how to give and receive effective feedback)
• Manager - producing results (setting clear expectations, goals and timelines, holding teachers accountable - believing in teachers’ potential, using performance management systems and evaluation tools, following up teachers’ performance consistenly)
• Teacher - having a clear vision of what excellence in education looks like, identifing key levers needed to improve a classroom, knowing where to access content and other instructional knowledge
• Mentor – sharing experience ( guiding teachers to better understand their role and to maintain their focus on childrens’ needs, helping participants to reflect on the meaning of this experience for themselves and their long-term leadership)
As tutor coordinator you will grow both personally and professionally and take part in various training / coaching sessions, conferences and events (with Teach for Romania and within the global Teach for All network) and you will be provided with best possible support to generate expected impact. You have to demonstrate leadership and achievement results. We expect you to embrace the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (~80% of time)
• To impact student achievement. As tutor, your mindset, knowledge and beliefs will impact those of the teachers you are leading, which would in turn impact (and positively affect) those of the students, thus leading to significant student achievement and transformation.
• To build relationships with communities. Develop some of these relationships with schools, school leaders, community members, etc., particularly with the marginalized groups, like the Roma.
• To observe the instructional strategies used by our teachers and use observations to provide them with guidance.
• To guide our teachers to set and reach ambitious student achievement goals, through various mechanisms (group or individual debrief sessions and coaching and mentoring sessions).
• To connect teachers with resources and develop solutions to address their instructional challenges.
• To design and conduct ongoing workshops to build teachers’ skills and mindsets.
• To develop knowledge and skills of best teaching practices through frequent documentation and interaction with the Training team & support partners.
• To contribute in building relationships with partner schools with the aim of increasing stakeholder satisfaction and facilitating the community impact.
• To lead and come up with resolutions in case of communication issues between our teachers / partner schools / other teachers / parents / extended communities.
• To provide input and feedback to the teachers and Teach for Romania.
• To support teachers as they implement their community/school development projects.
• To evaluate and assess (within our performance management systems) the assigned teachers.
• To have the ability to build supportive and professional relationships with teachers and motivate them to develop their own leadership capacity.
ADDITIONAL RESPOSIBILITIES (~20% of the time)
• To create compelling and well-designed training sessions and deliver them effectively (design the Curriculum for Leadership Summer Academy)
• To deliver Teaching as Leadership training to the Teachers during Leadership Summer Academy (6 weeks, July-August).
• To contribute to cross-functional and team-wide priorities on an occasional basis, when needed.
• To provide support and guidance in the integration and teacher qualification process (titularizare process).
• To initiate meetings / relationships with potential partner organisations.
• To find ambassadors / supporters through our campus and young professional networks.
• To help the Marketing team with creative ideas on developing specific materials around ongoing and future projects.
This is a full time position,based in Bucharest.
This is a temporary position, acting as a maternity leave replacement.