Optical Designer - CES (TSR)
As an engineering and production partner, Continental Engineering Services (CES) develops customized solutions for technologically challenging tasks in automotive and industrial industries. Become a part of a strong team and help us ensure that future mobility becomes more user-friendly, drive-efficient, safe and comfortable.
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is active worldwide as an independently operating provider of comprehensive engineering services. The segment "Interior Functions" develops embedded system solutions for all interior functions in all kinds of vehicles. We develop by integration of existing components stable and fast solutions for use in small series and special vehicles. We are always seeking useful applications beyond the automotive area and also offer a range of conceptual and feasibility studies. Our portfolio of innovative products offers flexible and customizable solutions across the automotive and non-automotive markets. Engineering Competences:
* Displays & Instrument Clusters;
* Climatisation & Haptic Control;
* Comfort Electronics;
* Multimedia. Tomorrow's car is always connected, user-friendly, comfortable and intelligent. Responsibilities:
* Works with automotive technologies of the future premium cars;
* Responsible for project execution in compliance with CES processes and SPICE standard;
* Coordinates and controls project activities: estimate effort, allocate resources, plan the execution of tasks in order to meet due dates (often with very tight deadlines);
* Definition and evaluation of optical simulation for Heads-Up displays in automotive environment based on customer requirements;
* Development of Analysis based on those results out of the simulation;
* Representation of results intern as well at national and international customer sides;
* Inside of a project team work as a technical team leader;
* Generation of specifications and write down test instructions;
* Flexible adaption of optical designs and their simulations towards innovative and new HUD concepts. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* University degree in mechanical engineering;
* At least 5 years mechanical working experience;
* At least 1 year experience in project management (at least 1 successful project delivered);
* Experience in design of opto-technical systems;
* Experience in handling opto-technical measurements, measurement methods and values;
* Experience in programming, especial of optical simulation environment (ZEMAX, ASAP, CODE V) and new HUD concepts;
* Extended experience in working with Office-products are expected;
* Good ability to plan, organize and deliver projects on agreed level;
* Ability to work under stress;
* Quality oriented person with good communication skills;
* Fluent English.
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents.
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.