IT Systems Engineer
AGYS is a Swiss registered company with development center in Bucharest that has spent 14 years as a globally recognized leader in the design, implementation and support of process automation solutions.
AGYS clients’ solutions have been deployed in 14 countries in Europe, Australia and North America and across industries such as Oil and Gas, Aviation, Energy and the Commercial and Consumer banking sectors. The company has been awarded on numerous occasions for its solutions by organizations in both the JAVA and .Net space and named by IBM as one of their most innovative global solutions partners.
AGYS’s packaged and easy to tailor solutions for on premise and SaaS offerings for Cloud offering consists in:
BankConnect™ , a product suite of banking solutions that focus primarily in the areas of: New Customer Engagement and Onboarding, Credit Instrument Origination and Issuance, Integrated Risk Management, Compliance Assurance. BankConnect™ is a product family, designed to help client companies compete for and better retain the new generation of banking customer, expedite and reduce risk associated with daily onboarding and product transacting and ensure compliant activities throughout.
BlueFabric™, a low-code process development platform, running on IBM BPM in the Cloud, that delivers an innovative line of business platform for easily designing and rolling out volume back office business processes in a highly cost effective manner.
For more info, visit us at www.agys.ch; www.bank-connect.ch and www.bluefabric.ch.
• Bachelor's Degree (or student) in computer science or related field
• Linux installation
• Linux package management
• Unix permissions management
• At least one scripting language (unix shell, perl, PHP, python)
Professional Knowledge and Experience (would be a plus):
• Knowledge of any of the following technologies: database (Mysql, Postgres, etc), application servers (WebSphere, Jboss, Tomcat)
• Linux systems administration knowledge (RedHat/CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu, any)
• Linux network tools (such as iptables, ngrep, traceroute, etc.)
• Monitoring and reporting tools (such as Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix)
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements;
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures;
• Contribute to and maintain system standards;
• Troubleshooting of emergency situations(app server, network, storage, OS based);
• Maintains, supports and optimizes server and network infrastructure;
• Periodically check resource utilization in order to identify optimization opportunities;
• Request Fulfillment & Incident Management - Offer daily support on incidents and requests issued by users related to:
o Communication – e-mail, messaging, telephony, internet;
o Asset Management – client equipment and software;
o Identity Management – create, change, and delete user accounts, permissions and access rights per request.
• Operational Maintenance and Infrastructure monitoring:
o REFRESH - Check load on servers and restart/clear memory cash if needed;
o CLEAN-UP - Archive unused systems/resources;
o UPDATE - Apply OS patches; Check Spam filters Clients inventory is kept up to date;
o Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups;
o Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions;
o Check automated daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary;
o Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary;
o Repair and recover from software or hardware generated failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies;
o Monitor system events to ensure infrastructure health;