Software Developer for Digital Tachograph SMY (TM)
Smart Mobility (SMY) business area with 20 years of experience in Timisoara is a word-wide leading location for commercial vehicles software development. Tachograph team in Timisoara is part of Continental Tachograph group.
You will have the opportunity to:
* Contribute to innovative solutions in the automotive industry for a safer driving;
* Learn, grow and thrive as a developer and as an engineer;
* Be part of a self-organizing team within a transparent and engaging Agile workstyle;
* Hands on job, working with secure controllers;
* Analyze software requirements and define/adapt the software architecture and design;
* Work with advanced tools integrated in a continuous development and integration ecosystem (GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins);
* Have a technical mentor, guide and support from team members in implementing of the chosen solutions;
* Implement the software components according to the software architecture and design As a Software Developer your responsibilities will be to:
* Research, conceive and develop software, as well as integrate and test own code;
* Emulator and simulator debugging;
* Investigate problems reported by our customers;
* Collaborate with the multi site team;
* Help solving the problems that might come on the way.
* University Degree (i.e. Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science);
* Good C programming skills;
* Knowledge of object-oriented concepts is a plus;
* Basic knowledge of microcontrollers;
* Basic knowledge in understanding HW schematics and in using measurement equipment;
* Advanced English skills in writing, reading and speaking;
* Transparency, assertiveness, quality orientation, self-reflection, passion for technology.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
* Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
* Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
* In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
* Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
* Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
* Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
* Access to e-learning platforms;
* Career development opportunities (local and international);
* Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
Tachograph team in Timisoara is part of Continental Tachograph group and is located in Europe (Germany and Romania) and Asia (India). The tachograph product is used in all European commercial vehicles, being required by the legislation. Its purpose is to reduce the number of accidents, to record the journey distance and all the other relevant driver's activities.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.