Material Planning Specialist - Manufacturing TSR
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Vehicle Networking and Information business area, with its vision of "Always On," sees the vehicle of the future as a partner that supports its passengers with intelligent and secure solutions - seamlessly networked, user-friendly, convenient and smart. The business area develops and integrates components and end-to-end systems for connected mobility - architecture, hardware, software and services. With solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, user experience, high-performance computing, digital services and system integration for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures stable and safe connectivity and smooth information flows for connected mobility.
* Monitoring material availability.
* Translating requirement specifications into procurement requests and orders in order to guarantee timely availablitiy of materials.
* Tracing the ordering and delivery process of suplliers in order if necessary to take corrective measures in good tme and be able to provide suitable Information.
* Checking the content of supplier delivery notes in order to identify differences and obtain clarification.
* Offer trainings for the orders and procurement (schedule trainings, follow up).
* Monitoring the stock levels and coverage of raw materials and corrective action if necessary, in order to achieve optimum inventory levels with due regard to the Total Cost approach.
* Cheking of external supply centers, in order to guarantee customer supply with optimum inventory levels and at minimal transport costs.
* Working on implementation of EDI and Web EDI requests in collaboration with EDI management of the OI, in order to actively shape the flow of information across the company.
* Working on the design of logistics and transport concepts with the supplier in cooperation with logistics process planning, packaging planning and transport handling, in order to safeguard the delivery process and minimize process costs.
* Monitoring of the delivery dates and dispatching for raw materials in optimum time, in order to ensure timely dispatch reliability to the customer and a corresponding value flow.
* Maintenance of basic and master data in the supply area, in order to guarantee the data quality in all relevant SCMs systems.
* Meet the required & specific KPIs he/she has to ensure, that process descriptions, work instructions and control plans are trained and are strictly followed by the manufacturing team.
* His/hers responsibility is to reach the "zero ppm" quality level in the manufacturing lines in his area of responsibility.
* Respects the confidentiality of information he/she has access to inside the company.
* Follows the instructions and requirements of management personnel inside the company.
* Respects Internal Regulations and company's procedures.
* Respects specific laws and internal regulations regarding work safety regulations and the environmental policy of the company.
* For Safety relevant projects: the related tasks will be fulfilled according to the internal Safety Management Procedures/Methods.
* Control safety criteria in own area of responsibility.
* Develop, introduce and drive measures in order to avoid safety cases.
* Knows company quality policy and the impact of his activities in achieving quality targets.
* SCMs in the sourcing process;
* Lean Admin Management;
* Six Sigma;
* University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Economical Sciences or other) is required;
* 1-3 years working in SCM field.