Optical engineer for HUDs - CES (TM)
For our growing Continental Engineering Services - Interior team we are looking for Optical Engineer for HUDs .
Portfolio: Electronic Control Units:
* Connectivity applications;
* Telematic Units;
* Head-up Displays;
* Multimedia Applications;
* Haptic Control;
* Comfort Control;
* Gateways. Core Responsibilities:
* Definition and the design of optical tolerance estimations;
* Detailed design of geometrical HUD optics;
* Responsible for the calculation of optical performance chains including the visible performance;
* Responsible for the definition and the design of optical tolerance estimations;
* Responsible for the transfer of theoretical optical requirements into the mechanical;
* Supporting the buildup of real parts and components;
* Participation and input to project teams;
* Representing the engineered optics to customers worldwide in the name of the project;
* Serve as technical expert to guide customer team with technical decisions;
* Comply with Continental procedures. Additional Responsibilities:
* Designing and simulate the optical modules for Head Up Displays;
* Assist the mechanical engineer with the packaging of the HUD optics in the space defined by the customer;
* Performing optical measurements on all samples and provide a measurement report;
* Investigate the optical failures or deviations in series production;
* Support of customer centers in above professional disciplines;
* Participation and input to project teams. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Degree in Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline;
* Engineer of optical technologies, especially for lenses and/or mirror optics;
* Experience in the application of Zemax;
* Programming experience in one high-level language (C, C++) and/or MatLab - Simulink;
* Professional guidance of external suppliers supporting own products. Core capabilities:
* High level of self initiative, ability to plan and execute many tasks in parallel;
* Strong technical competency and problem solving skills;
* Effective communication skills responsible for complete and unambiguous communications, interpersonal, negotiation, and presentation skills;
* High willingness to learn the special challenges of HUD system design;
* Professional guidance of external suppliers supporting own products;
* High communicational skills to work inside an interdisciplinary team;
* Advanced English - speaking and writing level;
* German Language - It is an advantage.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
* Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
* Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
* In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
* Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
* Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
* Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
* Access to e-learning platforms;
* Career development opportunities (local and international);
* Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.