Advanced Purchasing Engineer for Vehicle Dynamics (TM)
"The most critical thing in a negotiation is to get inside your opponent's head and figure out what he really wants." (Jacob Lew). If this sounds interesting to you, join our Purchasing Team by applying to this role.
The Advanced Purchasing Engineer will be:
- Purchasing representative in project team from acquisition phase until SOP for Purchasing activities;
- Ensures early involvement of purchasing and suppliers
- Follow-up on supplier and material status during product development phase, e.g. requests for quotation
- Push design to cost / target cost process to obtain the target costs;
- Perform Cost Reduction Programs (CRP) for Business Unit's products after SOP, Push Re-design to cost and CRP programs.
- Project support for medium to high complex projects in business fields to deliver, on time, all related matters by optimum inputs for quotes, workshops, Bill of Material (BOM) evaluation and implementation of potential savings in the project;
- Support technical change process during development and after SOP.
- Preparation of sourcing decisions to guarantee sourcing decisions that correspond to the sourcing strategy.
- Supporting activities planned by the business field to harmonize business field strategies with purchasing strategies and implement them in day-to-day activities.
- Academic degree in business administration or engineering;
- 2-3 years of experience in various purchasing/procurement/engineering roles;
- Advanced negotiation skills;
- Good command of English;
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint knowledge;
- 2-3 years of experience in project functions in automotive industry;
- Rubber/plastics/metal/electronics materials knowledge;
- Market research and supplier evaluation skills;
- SAP experience.
What we offer
- Competitive salaries & financial benefits;
- Flexible working time, home office & sabbaticals;
- A coach for the onboarding period;
- Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Leadership Areas);
- Work with the state-of-the-art equipment and technology;
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.