Mechanical Engineer for Airbag Control Unit - PSS - TSR
In the projects you will take a combined role of Mechanical Project Manager and Mechanical Designer, managing full mechanical projects including supplier and customer contacts.
* Planning, tracking and reporting of mechanical development activities;
* Design, CAD modeling (using Creo or Catia) and drawing creation for plastic and sheet metal parts
* Perform calculations, plan and track tests in order to meet product specifications;
* Ordering and procurement of mechanical samples according to the project schedule;
* Communication within the project team as well as with external parties (customer, supplier), e.g. inquiries and technical items;
* Keep updated the project documentation.
* Mechanical Engineering University degree;
* CAD tool knowledge (Creo);
* Experience in design of plastic parts (injection molding) and sheet metal;
* Tolerance analysis, FMEA knowledge;
* Technical drawing;
* Knowledge of MS Office;
* Initiative and good communication skills;
* Automotive experience is an advantage;
* Good English skills (reading, writing and speaking);
* German language is an advantage.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 233,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the "SensePlanAct" chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.