Senior DevOps Engineer
The role will encompass experimenting with various technologies to determine solutions and improvements to existing DevOps infrastructure. The candidate will also develop, deploy, automat, test and maintain the DevOps infrastructure. The role requires to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
The candidate must contribute in the following capacities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing DevOps infrastructure, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of the infrastructure;
- Carryout acceptance testing to help assure the quality of services;
- Troubleshooting and problem solving across the DevOps infrastructure;
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements;
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products;
- Work in cloud technologies and porting existing systems to cloud and automate them;
- Automation of build, integrate and test cycles related to the product;
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4 years or more experience in a similar capacity;
- Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills;
- Moderate skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Eg: Java);
- Exposure to Linux based development environments;
- Proven experience in DevOps Engineering including automation experience with configuration management tools (Eg: Ansible);
- Experience in cloud deployment and technologies;
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Eg: scrum/kanban);
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively to audiences with differing levels of domain expertise (presentations, reports, justification);
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies;
- Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations;
- Strong team player
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize effectively, handle multiple objectives under tight deadlines, identify/ flag/resolve potential issues early on;
- Bachelor's Degree from a recognised university or equivalent
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as we will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Share Purchase Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
People are at the heart of what we do and drive the success of our business. Our culture of connecting, creating opportunity and delivering excellence shape how we think, how we do things and how we help our people fulfil their potential.
At LSEG we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. We break down barriers and encourage collaboration, enabling innovation and rapid development of solutions that make a difference. Our workplace generates an enriching and rewarding experience for our people and customers alike. Our vision is to build an inclusive culture in which everyone feels driven to reach their potential.
We know that real personal growth cannot be achieved by simply climbing a career ladder - which is why we encourage and enable a wealth of avenues and interesting opportunities for everyone to broaden and deepen their skills and expertise.
LSEG are committed to supporting emotional, physical, financial and societal wellbeing. Our tailored benefits are a key part of this commitment and we offer colleagues a range of support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and consumer discounts.
We also make reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If an accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please make your recruiter aware, we want to ensure you perform at your best.
As a global organisation spanning 70 countries and one rooted in a culture of growth, opportunity, diversity and innovation, LSEG is a place where everyone can grow, develop and fulfil your potential with purposeful careers.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject .
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.