Optic Design Engineer for HUD - VNI HMI - TSR
A Head-up Display (HUD) is a projecting system that shows all relevant information for a car driver directly in their line of sight. This is done by projecting light into the driver's eyes, which will perceive a virtual image, containing all this information, in front of the car, overlapped with the road. Tasks and responsibilities:
* Optic Design and simulations for Head-Up Display;
* Performs customer negotiations on optical requirements;
* Performs optical layout of projection optics for a specific HUD design;
* Support for Mechanical engineers in design of opto-mechanical components, considering all building space restrictions;
* Responsible for validation and measurement technology applied to define quality of projection optics;
* Identifies improvement measures and potential to increase quality and profitability;
* Supports other disciplines involved in the project;
* Responsible for project level customer interaction. Necessary is a quick practice in named area of work, collaboration with different departments and the optical department from other locations. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* University degree in Physics or engineering;
* Initiative and team work;
* Open minded;
* Analytical thinking;
* Very good communication skills;
* Good English - spoken and written; Advantages
* Knowledge of optical systems principle;
* Experience in a programming language (C, Matlab);
* Zemax or other optical simulation tool know-how;
* CAD design;
* German language.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements "Network. Inform. Integrate.", i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.