IT Disaster Recovery Engineer
All around the globe, employees in Allianz have been working hard to secure people’s lives and to give courage to our customers for what’s ahead. We are actuaries, advisors and service agents; engineers, lawyers and technology experts; we are daughters and sons, mothers and fathers, accountants, investors and entrepreneurs – and together we are shaping our industry. Because we know how important it is to have a fair partner at your side who provides solid and sustainable solutions, we strive to do it right – with passion, every day. Allianz Technology enables Allianz group to live up to its purpose, by providing powerful, standardized global platforms to provide efficiencies, savings and scalability for the long-term success of Allianz.
Allianz Technology Bucharest Branch is a professional expertise center offering a wide range of services: Financial, Professional Services, Actuarial, IT and Procurement support to the Allianz Group, creating innovative solutions so that Allianz can shape the future for generations ahead.
Is providing good service something that motivates you, too? Then why not join us in developing innovative products and services in an international environment!
Allianz Technology provides an IT Disaster Recovery Service to more than 20 Allianz entities with hundreds of applications involved. The IT DR Testing Engineer is the central role for delivering the service, part of a team dealing with numerous individual projects.
- Analyzing customer needs, evaluating feasibility and detailing steps for each IT DR Test;
- Counselling the customer for individual, technical DR test scope;
- Driving the process from technical requirement to individual solution for each DR test, relying on defined best practices and standards;
- Verifying technical and architectural requirements and implementing changes;
- Cooperating with internal entities and providers to ensure that customer can fulfil their local audit requirements;
- Defining the architecture, design and enhancements for the DR Test environments;
- Implementing individual testing environment and conducting recovery activities, including operations, capacity, licensing, etc.
- University degree (business information systems or similar) or comparable qualification;
- 5 to 7 years of experience in IT engineering focusing on IT infrastructure;
- Required IT experience with mainframe, midrange and distributed computing systems, incident management, security and network standards;
- IT architecture know-how and expertise with technologies across all layers (DNS, Linux, Windows, AIX, mainframe, large datacenter installations and their management);
- Hands-on competence in at least two of the following areas of expertise: routing configuration (LAN), VPN configuration, AD configuration and use (domain join, user account set up and reset), VMware SRM (DR-Plan definition), local user administration (Linux/AIX, Windows), RDP and SSH, VDI (setup and administration based on VMware, image deployment, troubleshooting);
- High level understanding of dependencies between different systems and applications.
- International work experience and ability to understand and work with a complex multinational organization and global teams;
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills as well as ability to jointly work with multiple groups;
- Fluent English;
- Accurate, reliable and independent way of working;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving;
- Customer and service oriented demeanor.
We place people at the core of what we do, this is why we are committed to your personal and professional growth:
- Complete training curricula available (tailored courses);
- International Certifications (Agile, Prince, ITIL, IFOA, ACCA, IACCM etc.);
- Comprehensive Leadership Programs;
- All you can learn with LinkedIn Learning!
- German Language Courses for any level;
- All you can read with Bookster!
- Work from Home Option available;
- Get a free day on your Birthday or come at work and receive Gift Vouchers/Tickets!
- Go on Vacation and get a Holiday Bonus!
- Corporate Massage;
- Weekly Fruit Day;
- WorldClass Gym Discounts.
- Fixed salary compensation along with rewards & recognition performance-related bonus scheme;
- Meal and Gift Tickets.