HW Designer Engineer for Radar Sensor - ADAS TSR
In ADAS are developed products and systems based on intelligent Camera, Radar&Lidar sensors that are able to "see" and collect details from traffic in the surrounding area of the vehicles. The used sensors contain very powerful digital processing units that are able to run intelligent processing algorithms for Images, Radar and Lidar signals trough which the high volume of information from traffic is analyzed and translated in actions and decisions which are transmitted to the driver trough visual or acoustic information or direct take the control of the vehicle brakes, acceleration and direction. ADAS Radar Sensors implement functions as Blind Spot Detection. BSD provides information on whether there are vehicles in the areas from side mirrors, non-visible for the driver. Automatic Cruise Control keeps the proper distance between the cars and automatically breaks the car in case of dangerous situations and accelerates the car till a preselected speed when the road is empty.
The HW Designer Engineer (power&analog) is responsible for:
- Clarifying the requirements for assigned electronic modules;
- Designing the schematic, simulating the sub-modules & calculating the components for assigned electronic modules;
- Performing the worse case analyses for designed modules;
- Introducing and testing the new electronic components needed for new generation of HW modules;
- Collaborating with HW Project Manager for schematic integration;
- Collaborating with other HW module designers for designing and releasing the interfaces between electronic modules;
- Reviewing with PCB design engineers the layout design for own modules;
- Collaborating to creation and releasing the HW test specifications;
- Supporting the HW tests and the creation of the test reports, releasing the test results;
- Supporting the EMC performance investigations Documenting and releasing the documents for designed modules according to internal procedures;
- Providing the inputs for creation the series Production Test Specifications (PTS);
- Collaborating to creation of HW/SW interface specifications;
- Collaborating with the SW team in developing the embedded SW application.
- University Degree in relevant areas: Electronics, Telecommunication;
- Good Knowledge of power and analog electronic design;
- Knowledge in handling electronic test equipment (Oscilloscopes, Multimeters...etc);
- Knowledge in microcontrollers and in electronic for embedded SW systems;
- Knowledge of a tool for schematic design (e.g. Zuken Schematic...etc.);
- Good knowledge of a tool for HW simulations (e.g. PSpice...etc);
- English language skills.
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge in embedded SW (Assembly language, C or C++) would be a plus;
- Knowledge in any of the next areas would be a plus: Radar technologies, RF.