Series Project Manager - PTC - TSR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Continental active
View all jobs Series Project Manager - PTC - TSR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
As Series Project Manager (SPM) for Powertrain, Segment Exhaust & Emission Sensors you will be part of the Project Management Center for NOx Sensors. You will report directly in Timisoara to the Head of CEF and to the Head of Customer Center in Regensburg, Germany.
You will be responsible to lead Change Requests from Customers for Projects in serial production, by leading and coordinating the project team to meet the new project's requirements together with the cost, time and quality targets. The Series Project Manager will get support in ramp-up phase and day to day activity from Project Manager team in Regensburg, Germany.
As a Series Project Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
* Define project goals (financial, scheduling and quality goals) = Quality triangle.
* Manage project core team members, evaluate needed competencies and capacities based on effort estimation in conjunction with the line management.
* Establish adequate project organization (meeting structure, information/ knowledge exchange, documentation, archiving).
* Develop and maintain the Project Schedule in accordance with the valid processes (phases, deliverables, gates, etc. ), plan project activities and related work packages on a manageable size to ensure adequate progress tracking and monitoring. Request detailed technical Sub-plans from related disciplines. Assign work Packages to Project Team members. Ensure achievement of the agreed project objectives.
* Perform Risk Management activities, control and steer the implementation of risk items.
* Ensure compliance to the BU's processes.
* Verify the schedule from suppliers and understand impact on overall project timing and budget.
* Coordinate and control project activities, track the project progress, define corrective measures if deviating from the plan.
* Control the usage of the released project budget and project resources per approved project plan.
* Manage change and problem resolution activities, including impacts to project timing, budget and risks.
* Escalate issues if necessary.
* Involve Purchasing at an early stage to ensure lowest "Total Cost". Bill-of-Material is achieved at a given performance.
* Involve Operations at an early stage to ensure that the product is designed to minimize manufacturing cost and maximize quality.
* Representation of project in customer meetings
* Representation of project-interests in supplier meetings.
* Based on professional, well documented change management negotiate changes and claims with the customer and with suppliers.
* Protect confidentiality of project data
* Actively manage stakeholder expectations, inform and involve stakeholders on a regular basis and in an appropriate manner.
* Assign work packages to project team members.
* Help build up a supportive culture of cooperation and teamwork with the project.
A mentor - located in Germany - will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Master degree or equivalent in Engineering.
* Project management methodology knowledge and experience (preferably within automotive industry).
* Development process knowledge. (hardware/mechanical development methods; product development lifecycle).
* Good knowledge of automotive standards.
* Medium knowledge about production processes for mechanical devices.
* Highly motivated, professional & global mind set to work in multi nationality team. Strong negotiation skills & practice, entrepreneurial understanding and coordination skills.
* Self motivated with a determination to overcome hurdles and succeed.
* Organization and networking skills.
* Intercultural understanding.
* Focus on Quality and customer satisfaction.
* Proficiency in English language (speaking & writing), German would be a plus.
* Proficiency in MS-office tool.
* Good presentation skills.
* Willingness and availability for traveling (customer sites as well as Continental sites) and to stay abroad for couple of weeks for e.g. training purposes.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team.
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.).
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area).
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara/Iasi Residents.
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work, and sabbaticals.
The Powertrain division focuses on efficient and clean vehicle drive systems. Here, the division works to improve the performance of injection systems, turbochargers, transmission control units, sensors, actuator systems and exhaust-gas aftertreatment. At the same time, it paves the way for the electrification of vehicles with efficient systems technology and economical vehicle integration