Hardware Engineer for Airbag Control Units - PSS - TSR
With sales of i44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 47,700 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately i9.8 billion in 2017.
We have a great opportunity for experienced or unexperienced electrical engineers, to work on applications projects for a well known company. You will be part of an existing team with recognized worldwide competence using an advanced laboratory equipment set.
The main tasks would be:
* Design, calculation, simulation of modules for automotive use in compliance to product specification (using tools like Mathcad, MATLAB, Saber or CAD).
* Document the design, development process and qualification result.
* System design and verification methods (e.g. FMEA )
* Participate at trainings and knowledge sharing process in order to improve work results
* HW testing according to defined requirements and specifications
* Opportunity to work with high-tech equipment would allow your electronic hobby to be your full-time job?
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Degree in electrical/electronic engineering
* Other university degrees, with training and knowledge of hardware development
* Knowledge of:
-analog / digital electronic design (basic electronic)
-schematic entry and simulation software tools
-interface between hardware and software
-design verification and analysis
-function block definition
* Advanced level of English
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.