Senior Database Administrator
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Senior Database Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
• Oracle 11g, 12c (RAC, ODG, RMAN, Exadata, perfo&tuning)
• MSSQL 2008R2 - 2012 – 2014 (database replica, OS Cluster)
Nice to have:
• PostgreSQL/EDB 9, 10 (pg, rman, BART, database replica, OS Clustering)
• SAP Hana 2.0 (TDI approach, installation, administration, system replica, perfo&tuning)
Knowledge of at least 3 of the following languages is also required:
• SQL, PL/SQL, psql, TSQL, mSQL, HDBSQL, shell scripting, Perl, PowerShell, python
• Degree in Information Technology / Math’s / Physics / Statistics / Engineering or related area
• Strong persuading and influencing skills.
• Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively at both business and technical levels.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Able to work independently with the minimum of supervision.
• The ability to liaise with different levels of staff within the organization.
• Good team player.
• Must be motivated to progress in the role.
• Self-starter with the ability to plan and manage work according to deadlines
• Pragmatic approach.
• Willingness to share experience / knowledge.
We’re looking for a Senior Database Administrator with +5 years of experience on supporting mission critical environments on at least 2 of these 4 RDBMS technologies.
The successful candidate needs to have a good knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows Operative Systems and must be available to work on shifts (the team covers 12h shift, 5 days a week) and being on call (approx. one week per month).
Key responsibilities for this role are:
• As part of the Team, you will be responsible to support at 360° database layer of several services on different technologies, participate into international projects and have a chance to influence current and future technology choices
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Other cool perks.