Mechanical Design Engineer Sibiu_R&D_VED&PSS
*Develops mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components, housings and connectors, made through machining, plastic injection or sheet metal design; *Prepare detail and assembly drawing.
The Chassis & Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. The direction for the division is clear: The future of mobility leads to automated driving. Integrated active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. They create an excellent foundation for working together to achieve the goal of accident-free driving (Vision Zero).
Mechanical Design Engineer
What will you be doing?
* Create and modify systems mechanical / hydraulic designs in full projects of medium to high complexity
* Actively participate in project meetings and in interdisciplinary teams;
* Develops mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components, housings and connectors, made through machining, plastic injection or sheet metal design;
* Prepare detail and assembly drawings, customer drawings;
* Realize tolerance studies;
* Support the preparation of the product specifications and design.
Besides being awesome, you need to have:
* University degree in TCM, Production Machines and Tools or relevant;
* Experience in Computer Aided Design (C.A.D.);
* Knowledge of CATIA V5 / ProE (2+ years ) is a plus;
* Advanced level of English and/or German language;
* Knowledge of materials and technology, design to cost;
* Knowledge of design guidelines and tolerance calculation;
* Proactive and adaptable to a multinational environment.
We will do our best so you can be your best! Your environment is important to us - so we make sure your team is beyond cool. Based on the values that define us, here are the extras we have:
* Pay for Performance;
* Relocation Package;
* Flexible Working Time; Mobile Work; Sabbatical Leave;
* Personalized Development & Training Programs;
* System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
* Kindergarten on Site for Continental Employees' Children Only;
* Health Management Programs & Medical Room on Site;
* Health Insurance Services & Travel Insurance Policy;
* Restaurant Concept & Coffee Corner on Site;
* Other benefits to enjoy after-work and community projects.
Continental in Romania In the time frame 1999 - 2017, Continental invested about € 1.4 billion in its Romanian operations. All the corporation's five divisions are represented in Romania. Continental has seven production units and four research and development centers in the cities of Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. Continental cooperates in a joint venture in Slatina and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest. Continental employed 19.700 colleagues by the end of 2017, out of which over 5.700 are engineers and IT specialist working in the R&D centers. Continental will hire this year over 1,000 new employees in Romania.
Continental in Sibiu Continental has invested more than 320 million euros in Sibiu since 2004. Here are annually produced about 33 million electronic control units. Among the products developed, tested and manufactured in Sibiu are intelligent braking systems, driver assistance systems or acceleration pedals that limit the speed in case of obstacle detection. Continental Sibiu has more than 3,800 employees, of which 1,000 are engineers in the R & D center and over 300 are engineers in the production area. Together, they combine knowledge in software and hardware development, experience in design and simulation, innovation in artificial intelligence, big data and production processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.