Citrix L3 Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs LSEG Romania active
View all jobs Citrix L3 Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
London Stock Exchange Group is a global markets infrastructure business, sitting at the heart of the world’s financial community. We provide valuable services for a wide range of customers, focusing on Intellectual Property, Risk and Balance Sheet Management and Capital Formation.
Career opportunities in Bucharest
In order to support our growth plans and maximise our global efficiency, we are setting up a new technology and operations hub in Bucharest which will play a key role in providing services to the group and to our clients across the world. We aim to initially employ a team of 200 professionals in Romania across a range of technology data services and corporate function roles Our career opportunities cover a number of areas:
Web services - software development, system administration, maintenance and operational support for LSEG web platforms (both Linux and Windows platforms);
Corporate Services - corporate system administration and corporate application support for platforms based on Windows, Citrix and Red HAT;
Market Services which includes application support, system administration and database services engineering for LSEG markets;
Post Trade Services which includes software development and DevOps.
We are looking for a mid-senior Citrix Engineer to join the Citrix VDI Infrastructure Team, responsible for engineering, support and administration of all Group Citrix Infrastructure.
The Citrix L3 Engineer role is part of the End User Computing Team and is focused on proactively supplying and managing the Citrix related corporate infrastructure for the London Stock Exchange Group through the interaction of the LSE Corporate Technology function.
Responsibilities will comprise of BAU duties in supporting the Global Citrix environment and performing an escalation point for the L2 off shore support team.
Candidate Profile/ Key Skills:
• Advanced experience with VDI (Citrix) environments: Citrix Netscaler, Citrix XenApp 6.x, 7x; Xendesktop;
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS;
• Knowledge of AppSense/Ivanti;
• Proven experience with VMWare Horizon View;
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft System Configuration Manager (SCCM 2012/2016);
• Experience with one or more of the following scripting languages: Powershell, VB, C#, .Net;
• The ideal candidate should have the following soft-skills: can-do attitude, attention to detail, good communication skills, problem solving skills, results-orientated.
Key responsibilities for this role are:
• Ensuring production stability working with the global support teams;
• Responsibility for escalated technical issues in the environment for problem resolution - working with other global support teams where necessary;
• Diagnosing and repairing system problems working closely with vendor support for all servers, software and other hardware directly or with the team members;
• Maintaining EUC technology roadmaps ensuring the estate is up to date and fit for purpose;
• Recommending and implementing technology solutions in line with architectural roadmaps.
• Implementation of new technologies and business requirements;
• Defining, enhancing and optimizing system performance of all systems;
• Defining processes and solutions to maintain and monitor compliance to security and software policies for the business;
• Offering project support to both Technology & Information Security initiatives;
• Provision of appropriate project documentation and controls;
• Liaising where required with IT & Business in order to assist with the dissemination of information to external clients as appropriate.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
• Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
• 25 days’ holiday a year;
• Private medical insurance;
• Group life insurance policy;
• Meal vouchers;
• Other cool perks.