Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, Finastra builds and deploys innovative, next-generation technology on our open Fusion software architecture and cloud ecosystem. Our scale and geographical reach means that we can serve customers effectively, regardless of their size or location—from global financial institutions to community banks and credit unions.Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in software development. Financial services and consulting experience an asset.
- Extremely strong background in Research & Development
- Experience utilizing Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experience with independently transitioning software teams to a variation of Agile processes, as well as prior experience coaching and mentoring software teams on Agile transitions
- Experienced trainer with a motivating style
- Proven track record in leading transformational programs
- Experience coaching and mentoring development and non-development teams
- Experience in creating Agile training/workshop material
- Experience working with small and large development teams
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS:
- Expert knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, SAFe)
- Exceptional teaching, coaching, mentoring and facilitation skills
- Excellent continuous improvement and change management skillset
- Results oriented and customer centric
- Relationship building expertise with ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, customers and external alliances
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Excellent written and verbal skills with proven ability to effectively present to Executives
- Self-reliant, Assertive and PASSIONATE!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related area; Master’s degree or MBA would be an asset
- Multiple Certifications in Agile (ie. ACP, SAFe, CSP, Scrum Master)
- Process/Operational Excellence (Lean Six Sigma Black Belt)
- Customer Growth:
Capture feedback and continuously improve Agile practices. Improvement in outgoing Quality and an improvement in speed to market. Provide the Customers what they want, when they want it, in the most efficient manner.
- Financial Performance:
Key contributor to drive growth by scaling at a lower cost with a reduction in cost of poor quality.
- Enhanced Service Delivery:
Guide the organization towards Agile maturity through formal training sessions and informal communication channels. Constant pursuit of best practices to evolve and scale Agile organization-wide. Build and maintain strong working relationships with Leadership within the Strategic Business Units and Functional Groups. Help identify organizational impediments to successful Agile transformation and work with leadership to create effective strategies to overcome them. Develop and evaluate team metrics and make recommendations for improvement. Coach and mentor teams on Agile processes and methodologies. Evaluate and mentor existing teams, and deliver training classes for product owners, business analysts, developers and testers.
Embrace servant-leadership and coach teams on Agile methodologies. Provide leadership in establishing and operationalizing an Agile framework, processes and standards. Create environment that fosters transparency, learning, innovation, quality and speed. Collaborate with and influence all levels of the organization to empower and enable teams to execute.
- Risk Management:
Create and/or maintain standards, policies and process documentation following a pragmatic approach. Provide Agile coaching with a strong focus on Scrum practices. This includes working in a hands-on manner with the teams, as well as in a consultant model. Other projects as assigned by Head, Global Technology, Agile Centre of Excellence.