Software Architect for Vehicle Telematics Services I IC TSR
With sales of €44 billion in 2017, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 240,000 employees in 61 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 46,000 people worldwide and generated sales of €9.3 billion in 2017.
In vehicle Telematics Services: is a set of SW applications for passenger vehicles that offer a series of services for the end user, like:
* eCall - automatic emergency call in case of vehicle crash
* Stolen vehicle tracking
* Remote Diagnosis - enables vehicle diagnosis without the need to bring the car to the garage
* SOTA - Software Updates Over the Air for any ECU in the vehicle
* Remote control: doors open / close, engine start / stop from mobile phone apps
The Software Architect defines concepts and describes Software Architecture in a project or a platform project based on the requirements defined by the customer or a customer project. As a Software Architect you will have to decompose the product into components, defines the interfaces, dynamic behavior and resource consumption target and gives guidance for software design, implementation and test.
Project Software Architecture Responsibilities:
* Elaborate and define product and platform concepts during quotation and development-phases based on defined requirements and constraints; Consider different alternatives for the architecture and select the best one based on defined criteria;
* Define, design and describe the product-specific architecture in a modular, maintainable and portable way (e.g. SW-Architecture Development and Design, Rhapsody Model, Drawings);
* Implement high complexity / high risk SW Components.
* Define and break down memory and performance requirements;
* Make sure that product architecture meets requirements with respect to functionality, performance, quality and schedule;
* Take part in the relevant project planning and estimation process;
* Establish and maintain traceability between requirements and architecture;
* Represent the project technically in reviews with customer (design & issues). Software Domain Responsibility
* Ensure high degree of re-usability and identify synergies across projects;
* Set up general rules and guidelines for design and development (e.g. communications mechanism, error handling, etc.);
* Coach SW Developers / junior architects from your team;
* Perform reviews of software architecture and participate in software design and code reviews. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
All you need is:
* minimum 4-5 years of experience in Software Development and Design, preferably in embedded environment
* Advanced skill in Object Oriented Programming (C++), Design Patterns, UML, Versioning Control (examples: ClearCase, CMSynergy, SVN, GIT);
* Operating Systems: Unix/Linux;
* Advanced English knowledge;
* Work experience in Agile development (Scrum, Kanban);
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Would be nice to have:
* Work experience in the automotive or consumer electronics industry, preferable in a variety of functions;
* communication protocols: SPI, UART, I2C, etc
* Advanced Linux Programming;
* Software development process knowledge;
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.)
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area)
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara/ Iasi Residents
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.