Advanced Purchaser - Purchasing TSR
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2017, Continental generated preliminary sales of around €44 billion and currently employs more than 233,000 people in 56 countries.
* Act as Purchasing Representative in the project team from the acquisition phase up to Start of Production (SOP), and as interface to Commodity Management, Business Units (BUs) / R&D and Plants;
* Ensure that the Purchasing department and the suppliers are involved early on in the process;
* Lead the process of sourcing new components, send RFQ's, and analyze offers;
* Follow up on supplier and material status during the product development phase in order to ensure acquisition in time, and to avoid internal and customer production line stop situations;
* Control BoM (Bill of Material) cost;
* Perform design-to-cost activities during the product development phase;
* Run Cost Reduction Programs for the BUs' products after SOP;
* Analyze future material needs of BUs;
* Provide purchasing support for technical changes up to SOP;
* Provide support on local purchasing topics for market analysis and localization efforts, and visit potential suppliers. Frequently used tools: Lotus Notes, MS Office, Continental Automotive Tools. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
* University degree in a Technical/ Economics field;
* Experience in mechanical or electronical acquisitions/sales;
* English knowledge - advanced;
* Availability for business travels;
* Curiosity-driven learner;
* A good understanding of the procurement process;
* Good negotiation and communications skills;
* Good understanding of the business approach;
* The ability to work in a team and as an individual;
* The ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.