Billings agent - English
At SNC-Lavalin, we all have a common purpose. What matters to you, it matters to us, equally. You are talented and motivated, ready to explore where the future takes you and we’re here to work with you side by side.
Globally, we are one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, but here in Bucharest, within our Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC), we only focus on building your career, while providing financial support to the SNC-Lavalin colleagues worldwide.
Our team is constantly growing and exciting openings are waiting for you! All you have to do is enjoy finance, communication and interaction with people around the world.
Why join SNC-Lavalin?
• Improve your language skills by interacting with native French and English speakers / access language courses
• Take real opportunities to boost your career in finance
• Enjoy flexible schedule, with day and evening shifts
• Receive motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin.
A journey where the purpose is present at all stages is our promise to you. Meet us!
Founded in 1911 and with offices in over 40 countries, SNC-Lavalin is a fully integrated professional services and project Management Company, covering a variety of industry sectors, including mining & metallurgy, oil & gas, environment & water, infrastructure and clean power. In many cases, SNC-Lavalin combines these services with its financing and operations & maintenance capability to provide a complete end-to-end project approach. Thus, the Finance Shared Services Centre (FSSC) in Romania is the internal "unit" responsible for the execution and the handling of specific financial tasks.
This role is an exciting career opportunity for those of you who are fluent in English and who aim at enhancing their knowledge in finance & accounting. For the beginning, some basic general accounting understanding would be a plus – we will help you anyway to learn everything you need to know.
The Billings Agent role is part of the Billings Team of SNC-Lavalin’s Finance Shared Service Centre based in Bucharest.
While covering this position, you will be performing accounting tasks invoice issuing related, by applying established processes / procedures. You will also collaborate with project managers and cost controllers in order to monitor and ensure we bill our internal customers accurately.
• Prepare invoices & control revenue cycle considering: billing conditions, invoice processing and receivable balances
• Issue invoices to customers / monthly customer statements (internally & externally)
• Update customer files with issued invoices / billing conditions / contact information, etc.
• Process credit memos
• Enter invoices into customer invoicing web sites (when applicable)
• Submit invoices by electronic data for internal approval and release to clients.
• Proficiency in English
• Basic Accounting Knowledge is a plus.
Team player | Customer oriented | Analytical | Attention to detail | Good communicator
• Working Hours in 2 shifts: 10:00 - 19:00 and 13:00 - 22:00* Monday to Friday
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Team activities / Events / Fun @Work
• Wellness initiatives
• Learning and Development programs / Career opportunities
• CSR & Sports activities
• Friendly work environment
• Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
*3 mandatory evening shifts / month, with the possibility to extend to max. 10 evening shifts / month, according to your preferences (extra payment starting with the 6th evening shift).