Destination Specialist - Romania and Bulgaria
- liaison with suppliers.
- research information as support for locally based negotiators and data teams in European offices.
- negotiation with some suppliers and relevant maintenance of G2 system.
- Negotiate with new suppliers and re-negotiation for contracts with existing suppliers.
- Liaison with suppliers (contracting, correspondence by phone, email, etc.), research, maintaining supplier data base.
- Research information on behalf of senior negotiators (e.g. collecting competitor rates and sourcing new supplier contacts).
- Negotiation product and ensuring quality services with suppliers and the respect relevant maintenance of G2 systems to reflect those agreements.
- Quality Control of suppliers under your responsibility.
- Update contracts and all information related to restaurant, TA and local suppliers in the Intranet Database and G2 System.
- Action all Data requests quickly (within 24 hours), efficiently and accurately.
- Contract suppliers according to Data Management within Sales requests.
- Follow up on any complaints (Whether from Sales or from Suppliers).
- Keep sales informed of any events, incidents, which may prevent the smooth running of their tours.
- Authorise promotional messages/memos to sales offices which will be built by the inbound staff.
- Assist other European Data teams ‘members as and when workload dictates.
- Review Quotes and new go ahead to ensure all rates are correct and information accurate. Suggest alternatives whenever necessary.
- Maximise the number of credit suppliers (vs prepayment)
- Ensure Data contracting period (October-March) is respected and run estimate % Q3 of each year in agreement with data Management directives.
- Represent G2 Travel as main TO in Romania - attend workshops, trade exhibitions, liaise with tourism boards, provide new itineraries and products, develop sales destination knowledge, increase supplier inventory and develop G2’s visibility as Romania Top Tour Operator.
- Commercial experience & working knowledge of maintaining Data, preferably within the Travel/Hospitality industry
- Familiarization and knowledge of map reading, routing, and itinerary planning
- Very good ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Problem solving skills
- Advanced communication skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- A “can do attitude” and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Focus on details
- European language skills
- Advanced usage of MS Office package
- Availability to travel (valid driving licence)