Production Quality Engineer at GE Power
GE Power, a former Bucharest Alstom General Turbo operates in thermal power sector: turbo generator components up to 1300 MW; hydro generator components up to 250 MW; rotor coils between 10 and 1500 MW including for nuclear power plants; 24 KV Stator bars; rotor modernisation including winding and balancing; stator modernisation including winding; field service provider with high qualified specialists.
- Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control. Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes.
- Includes conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc.
- Expected to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Works together with people from the business unit.
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
- Communicates with direct team and supervisor.
- Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least significant experience in Manufacturing).
- Engineering bachelors Degree or suitable practical experience
- proven expertise in customer resolution & preventive tools, ISO knowledge
- Inclusive leadership & communication skills
- Knowledge of generator technology repairs
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct within defined responsibilities
- Knowledge of Lean and/or alternative continuous improvement methods
- Must be a team player willing to sacrifice individual goals when needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience in dealing with customers
- Knowledge of RCA and CAPA tools
- Foreign language skills: English