Manufacturing Specialist- Shift Supervisor at GE Power
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs General Electric active
View all jobs Manufacturing Specialist- Shift Supervisor at GE Power active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Production active on Hipo.ro
GE Power a former Bucharest Alstom General Turbo business is operation in thermal power sector: turbo generator components up to 1300 MW; hydro generator components up to 250 MW; rotor coils between 10 and 1500 MW including for nuclear power plants; 24 KV Stator bars; rotor modernisation including winding and balancing; stator modernisation including winding; field service provider with high qualified specialistsMain Responsibilities:
- Provide daily "shop floor" leadership with respect to EHS, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Productivity to assigned teams
- Champion an open reporting culture with assigned teams
- Provide leadership in scheduling resources, technical leadership and facilitating the flow of hardware to meet customer requirements
- Perform administrative duties including time & attendance, self-audits, disciplinary procedures etc.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure requirements are met (including quality, cost, scope & cycle)
- Coach and develop employees to support their performance Development
- Support initiatives to achieve goals in asset utilization and process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least significant experience in Manufacturing).
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Engineering or Business Administration bachelors Degree or suitable practical experience
- Inclusive leadership & communication skills
- Knowledge of generator repairs as an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct within defined responsibilities
- Knowledge of Lean and/or alternative continuous improvement methods
- Project management experience/qualifications
- Experience dealing with customers and commercial activity
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and planning
- Foreign language skills: English