Continental - Working Students for Development - Chassis and Safety Division in Iasi.
The Working Student for Development position is open in the Chassis and Safety Division in Iasi.
Within Chassis & Safety Division your engineering skills can make a difference in the development of exciting new automotive products and technologies. Chassis and Safety Division in Iasi contributes to the Continental Automotive research and development effort over tree main branches:
• Systems and Technology where tomorrow’s Chassis and Safety products are foreseen and integrated into highly automated vehicle driving functionalities
• Vehicle Dynamics Business Unit provides highly advanced braking technologies for all vehicle types, usable in vehicle ranging from small cars right to transportation vehicles.
• Steering Segment, modern Electric Power Steering systems are developed, making the driving experience for the driver safer and at the same time, reducing the fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
• Passive Safety and Sensorics concentrates in Iasi in developing a state of the art active body roll stabilization system that reduces the body roll of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
• Advanced Driver Assistance Systems is providing both sensors (from simple ultrasonic parking sensors to radars and advanced stereo or surround view cameras) and computation platforms for running safety, maneuvering and cruising functionalities.
As a Working Student in our group your responsibilities will be:
• Support the design and development of complex functionalities for automotive embedded systems
• Implementation and functional testing of algorithms for embedded software
• Modeling and functional simulation of design solutions using Matlab/Simulink
• Contribute in ensuring the functional safety of the released products
• Develop various supporting software tools
• Cooperation in interdisciplinary project teams at international level in the field of automotive functionalities
A mentor will support you during the entire internship period.
A flexible schedule can be negotiated with your mentor and direct manager in order to adjust the working hours to your studies.
• University degree in a relevant field (i.e. Telecommunication, Automation and Computer science, Informatics, Electronics, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics ...);
• Capability to analyze technical problems;
• Safety critical systems design techniques and methods;
• Knowledge of embedded systems and C programming;
• Knowledge about MATLAB/Simulink;
• Basic knowledge of electronics;
• Understanding of physics fundamental concepts;
• Good writing, reading and speaking English skills.
What we offer
• Integration Program in a Professional, Young & Dynamic Team ;
• Competitive Salaries & Benefits ;
• Professional Development Opportunities;
• Health & Wellness ;
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
• Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents;
With preliminary sales of €39.2 billion in 2015, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 208,000 employees in 53 countries. The Chassis & Safety division develops and produces integrated active and passive driving safety technologies as well as products that support vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics as well as electronic air suspension systems all the way to windscreen washer systems and headlight cleaning nozzles. The focus lies on a high level of system competence and the networking of individual components. Thus products and system functions are developed along the SensePlanAct chain of effects. They form the foundation for automated driving. Chassis & Safety employs more than 38,000 people worldwide.