Digital - DevOps Engineer
The European Regional Delivery Center, which already employs more than 300 IT consultants, is an investment from Deloitte showing Romania’s strong IT potential and in the company’s overall strategy, in an environment in which technology plays an essential role.Requirements
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. And you know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are, by which we mean natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
You also have:
- A solid technical background, with experience in implementation work; for example, enterprise Java development or infrastructure automation.
- Knowledge of IT operations, with experience working on a team that has responsibility for some kind of end user service (support for of a software testing environment is ok).
- A foundational grasp of agile and lean delivery concepts and methodologies, and evidence of successfully applying this knowledge when working in technical teams.
- Familiarity with what might be referred to as the "DevOps toolkit": continuous integration platforms, infrastructure-as-code.
THE ROLE - BACKGROUND
Our DevOps team use leading technologies to automate infrastructure provisioning, configuration and deployment orchestration. The teams see the whole breadth of the delivery lifecycle; from inputting into the initial infrastructure design and technology choices, to supporting the development teams and to helping run the solutions whilst delivery is still in progress.
Technologies used across some of our current engagements:
- OS: RedHat and Centos
- Infrastructure provisioning: Terraform, Ansible and Puppet
- Delivery pipeline orchestration: Jenkins 2.0
- Monitoring: Nagios and Zabbix
- Logging: ELK
- Containers: Docker and Kubernetes
- Infrastructure: AWS, Rackspace Cloud and Traditional
- Database: Oracle, SQL Server, Mongo and Hadoop
- Application: Bespoke Java, Hybris (eCommerce) and Adobe AEM
THE ROLE – RESPONSIBILITIES
• Experienced and passionate in one or more of the following areas: systems administration, infrastructure automation, “full-stack” software development, virtualisation/cloud/container platforms, environments and configuration management.
• Collaborate daily with customer development teams, IT service groups and 3rd parties to build and operate environments for software testing and training purposes.
• Autonomously work on and implement the team’s Deployment Pipeline; the set of technical and business assurance activities that support the transition of application and infrastructure services from development through to production.
• Work in a multi-disciplinary I&E team and contribute to its management methodology, helping organize a diverse collection of technical activities into a coherent work stream.
• Apply DevOps thinking - i.e. bring development and IT ops processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our clients.
• To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when engaging with diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
• Access and training on state-of-art technologies
• Opportunity to get exposure to opportunity-rich, international work environment
• Enrollment to instructor Led EMEA specific Cloud HCM Trainings depending on requirement across EMEA
Company benefits :
• Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic and Medlife
• Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances
• Travel Passport Plus Insurance both for personal and business travel
• Meal tickets
• Dental Package
• Excellent Social Benefits (on site cervical massages on a regular basis, wellness package - World Class, 7card, Mica’s Fit)
• Flexible working hours / work from home 5 days per month