Senior Quality Engineer - Functional
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
Why work for Finastra?
At Finastra we are changing the world of financial services. We unlock the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation through our incredible ecosystem and talent in more than 40 countries across the world. We revel in global knowledge sharing, diversity and opportunity and that puts Finastra in the best position to create client value as we cooperate and co-create, together. Each one of our 10,000 people is part of one team, leveraging the wealth of our collective knowledge, passion and creativity. This is your opportunity to join a world-class team, working with people who are leading the financial services industry through innovation, growth and value.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a workflow driven environment (ideally software testing)
- Experience with financial/ banking software
- Experience in planning, monitoring, and coordinating and risk mitigation for activities/projects
- Good understanding about software testing
Basic technical skills or interest in IT (like messaging, database, user interface technologies)
- Bachelor or master degree in Finance, Capital Markets or Computer Science
Medium/ advanced financial knowledge related to banking and/ or capital markets concepts
- Good written and spoken English
- Able to quickly understand new concepts
- Act both as a team player and self-learner
- Possess analytical thinking, be detail oriented and well-organized
- Be able to communicate effectively with persons holding different roles
…What will you contribute?
As a Senior Quality Engineer Functional you will be at the core of the development process of financial software for large investment banks. Start by working with Business Analysts to understand requirements in order to design test cases that prove the applications are fit-for-use. Then, go ahead to confirm the features work fine by manual and automated testing and, where you spot a defect, support improvements by working with Development team. In QA you can always be the first customer and you are free to go for achieving a good balance between finance knowledge, testing skills and technical aspects in a fast paced and complex environment.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
- Design and implement test strategy for each QA deliverable, based on business requirements, individual input and cooperation with Development, Customer Support and Product Management teams;
- Report software issues, work closely with the development team to fix them and validate provided
- Contribute to all software testing types like functional, regression, automation, performance, documentation;
- Provide feedback on the quality of the project/product through meetings, testing progress reports and communication with the project team/ stakeholders;
- Support from a quality assurance perspective the client’s software usage in production;
- Act as a software quality advocate throughout development, testing, delivery and implementation phases of software development lifecycle;
- Benefit from internal knowledge transfer and support new joiners in their development;
- Use individual creativity and experience to improve software and processes quality.