Junior Quality Engineer Technical
Formed in 2017 by the combination of Misys and D+H, we provide the broadest portfolio of financial services software in the world today—spanning retail banking, transaction banking, lending, capital markets and treasury.
Our solutions enable customers to deploy mission critical technology on premises or in the cloud. With our scale and geographical reach we drive valued solutions and opportunity for customers regardless of size or geography. Through our open, secure, and reliable solutions, we empower customers to accelerate growth, optimize cost, mitigate risk and continually evolve to meet their changing needs.
Why work for Finastra?
At Finastra we are changing the world of financial services. We unlock the potential of people and businesses in finance, creating a platform for open innovation through our incredible ecosystem and talent in more than 40 countries across the world. We revel in global knowledge sharing, diversity and opportunity and that puts Finastra in the best position to create client value as we cooperate and co-create, together. Each one of our 10,000 people is part of one team, leveraging the wealth of our collective knowledge, passion and creativity. This is your opportunity to join a world-class team, working with people who are leading the financial services industry through innovation, growth and value.
- Able to quickly understand new concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Act both as a team player and self-learner
- Be able to communicate effectively with persons holding different roles
- Passionate about technologies and interested in testing & testing tools
- A bachelor or master degree in IT (preferable computer science)
- Good written and spoken English
- Understanding of the different types of non-functional testing (install ability, usability, security, access rights, licensing, compatibility etc.), the purpose, differences and sequence of execution
- Experience with Technical Support (incident management)
- Experience in development and maintenance of complex UNIX shell scripts, also in development and maintenance of complex Windows batch scripts
- Medium knowledge about UNIX/Linux - (Solaris, RedHat preferred)
- Experience with virtualization & cloud resources
- Experience with Web Application Servers (Tomcat, Weblogic, JBoss)
Your deliverables will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage QA environments (Windows/Solaris/Linux applications) for functional, integration, installation, automation, performance & security testing
- Install, upgrade and configure Fusion Capital applications and third parties (including inter-connectivity)
- Provide support to the QA team on environment issues (incident management)
- Perform installation testing and technical tests for the Fusion Capital product releases
- Validate the technical documentation for the Fusion Capital product releases and suggest improvements
- Be involved and sustain automation (UI and backend) – mainly scripting and automatic scheduling
- High-level checks on product security with focus on specific areas
- Write & improve Win/Unix scripts for various purposes (environment management, test scheduling, and test results comparison)
- Contribute to performance testing with other team members (KPI review, environment deployment & configuration, test execution, results analysis, automation capabilities)
- Raise concerns about project/product/process quality in clear, timely, collaborative, constructive way and propose solutions where possible
- Support root-cause analysis exercises against target areas, propose corrective approaches for measurable improvements, track and report progress; communicate the plans and results effectively to drive change
- Certify technical compatibility of the solution design within its target environment