Spectrum developer for jROS
We are supporting you to grow professionally and personally, to achieve your goals and to develop your individual career. Find a new opportunity to contribute with your abilities and ideas and to uncover your potential.
We are looking forward to working with you within Siemens!
Spectrum developer for jROS
With 110 years of presence in Romania, Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that owns innovative solutions in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. Software and R&D play a crucial role at Siemens. The Corporate Technology division in Brasov and Cluj-Napoca is the competence center for research, software development, IT and engineering, which makes the company a major leader in vertical IT technologies.
Project Description – jROS
Spectrum Power is a Siemens system which offers different solutions for:
- Monitoring and calculation of electric power networks (transport and distribution)
- Optimization from security and economical point of view
- Optimal network maintenance and avoidance of system overload
- Blackout prevention through intelligent simulation and monitoring software
- Control and data acquisition.
jROS is based on standard products like Oracle, JBoss Application Server and Enterprise Java Beans. It provides client access by a Java-application and may be integrated in the customer’s intranet. It is designed as a shared component of Spectrum Power. It may be used on a stand-alone base or coupled to other systems with defined
interfaces. It is platform independent and can be delivered on Windows, UNIX and LINUX platform. It may run on a single machine (e.g. a common Laptop) or may be distributed on several servers for high performance requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Extend jROS functionality and deliver high quality code
- Engage in customer support for the existing code (bug fixing, enhancements to improve the existing solution)
- Development/Implementation/Test for different customer solutions (project extensions)
- Part of a globally distributed team, ensures proper communication between teams
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Medium or higher experience in Java development (Java SE and EE)
- Basic experience with JBoss Application Server.
- Basic power engineering know-how (High, Medium and Low voltage)
- Understand the software development lifecycle
- Proactive person
- Willingness to learn
- Very good communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to learn new products and technologies
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Proficiency in English
- German language is a plus
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is investing in you to ensure your satisfaction, motivation and performance.
- Attractive compensation package and work climate
- Meal tickets
- Yearly bonus system
- Private health and life insurance
- Private pension
- Flexible schedule and work from home policy
- Personal and professional development through training and certifications
- Relocation package