Junior Mechanical Design Engineer / Inginer Instalatii HVAC si Sanitare
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs WSP Romania Engineering active
View all jobs Junior Mechanical Design Engineer / Inginer Instalatii HVAC si Sanitare active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
The WSP Bucharest office, established in March 2006, comprises over 130 permanent staff covering Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering, Green Building Certification services and Environmental disciplines.
• Relevant Engineering degree in Building services/Mechanical Engineering (graduate)
• Minimum 1 year experience in Mechanical systems designs for buildings
• Proficient skills in AutoCAD 2011-2014
• Experience of MagicCAD or similar Mechanical 3D design software is an advantage
• Experience in NavisWorks, Solibri or Revit is an advantage but not a requirement.
• Basic knowledge of Mechanical systems for buildings
• Ability to work in a team and demonstrate work and moral ethics
• Ability to respect deadlines and achieve targeted results whilst working individually
• Very good verbal and written communication skills in the English language
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
The main task will be to draft Mechanical installations layouts and schematics in commercial and industrial buildings to WSP’s internal standards, to include:
• Draft services drawings for Mechanical building services infrastructure ( heating, cooling, ventilation, cold and hot water, sewage, sprinklers and hose reels) using 3D design tools (Magicad, Revit MEP etc.) to a very high quality level;
• Draft Mechanical building services schematics to a very high quality level (process diagrams, functional schematics etc.);
• Carry out design calculations (heating and cooling loads, equipment sizing including pressure drop calculations, ventilation airflows etc.);
• Prepare bill of quantities;
• Assist Engineers and Senior Engineers in drafting Reports and other written documents in English and/or Romanian, as required;
Further responsibilities include:
• Assist in the production of detailed equipment schedules for issue with the discipline specific design;
• Work in co-ordination with all other design team members whether internal of external;
• Present your work to the WSP project leader for approval prior to issue;
• Assist others with defects inspections and snagging;
• Assist others in the witnessing of commissioning for the project;
• Participate in technical design reviews;
• Develop an understanding of maintenance and installation practices within the design.
• Demonstrate awareness of project risk issues, flagging potential problems to project leader.