Lead Level Designer
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Ubisoft Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Lead Level Designer active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a Level Designer or Game Designer;
- Previous experience leading/coordinating a LD team is a big plus;
- Experience working on AAA games is considered an advantage.
- Formal education in video game development is a plus;
- Absolute passion for making games & an extensive video game culture;
- Excellent ability to organize and structure his/her own work and that of the team (appraisals, control, schedule);
- Leadership & decision making skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Management and planning skills;
- Ability to quickly adapt to new situations;
- Strong analytical skills.
Lead and develop a team of Level Designers. Organize the production of the team, manage the workforce planning and communication process with other teams.
- Follows up and evaluates the level design team;
- Makes sure that the team has the means to apply the content and technical direction;
- Leads, mobilizes and develops a team of level designers;
- Prioritizes and manages the team's day-to-day activities to ensure that there are completed on time, within budget and to production teams specifications.
- Review and offer feedback on the Level Design work to ensure that it reaches the quality standards of the game;
- Make sure that the content produced by the LD team follows and supports the design vision and the core mechanics of the game while staying within the game's technical limitations;
- Regularly communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to the LD team;
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day work of the LD team (plan the work, prioritize it, set deadlines, and so on);
- Handle task distribution, based on people skills, development wishes and overall planning;
- Actively participate in the decision-making process with the management team and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the LD team meets expectations and functions at optimal performance;
- Collaborate closely with the leads of the other teams from within the project which may often be from other studios in other countries;
- Be a point of contact for all topics related to Level Design;
- Be able to take charge of Level Design as a discipline while promoting and building a strong collaboration culture with other job families;
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment);
- Accurately and objectively evaluate the performance of each team member and offer constructive feedback;
- Handle the training and the continuous development of the LD team members (mentoring; organizing workshops, presentations and so on);
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and that fosters development and creation;
- Find solutions for complex Level Design problems;
- Be exemplary and supportive to the LD team.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.