And since you’ll be spending so much time with us, get to know us better.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, representing one of the first companies to perform in this field, on the Romanian market. After a strong history of acclaimed titles, the studio moved into co-development, contributing to blockbuster games such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance. Today, the studio continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of amazing games that have a strong impact on players around the world.”
At UBISOFT ROMANIA we create worlds where people can express themselves, explore and discover new possibilities. We are always committed to enriching players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. You will have the opportunity to grow and collaborate with talented teams from around the world and work in an open environment where everyone is eager to share their knowledge.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, each game is an innovation. At Ubisoft, each game is an innovation. All Ubisoft installments are based on gameplay and technology breakthroughs inspired by the latest social and market trends.
Within each development team, a diverse array of specialties – animators, artists, designers, brand managers and programmers – combine their areas of expertise to build and improve their game.
Now you can join our team as a Gameplay Programmer through the Graduate Program!
What is the Graduate Program all about?
The Ubisoft Graduate Program is a two-year international program for fresh Graduates who expect a career accelerator into the games industry. Over two years, you will have the opportunity to work in two different studios in different countries. You will benefit from an individual development plan and follow-up in order to develop your skills in gameplay programming.
How about your daily tasks?
A gameplay programmer is responsible for the interactivity of the game. You will turn game design rules and gameplay elements (features, animation, sound…) into playable sequences. You will collaborate closely with designers, artists, animators and other game development team members. Your main objective is to offer players a comfortable, immersive & fun game experience.
What do we need from you?
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Engineering or Computer Science, with less than 1 year of experience (excluding internships)
- Good C++ programming skills
- Strong interest in games system and mechanics.
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills will help you deploy effective solutions to complex problems. You understand and care about player needs.
- Passion and knowledge for video games will make a difference.
- Effective communicator and fluent English speaker
- Ability to work well both autonomously and within multicultural teams, and ready to work in different locations worldwide.
You will benefit from a full-time contract in your home studio the first year and with a studio abroad for the second year.
Application period: January 1st 2020 – February 28th 2020
Fast tracking your career sounds good, right? Now in its second edition, our accelerated learning international program prepares you for an Online Programming career in one of the most dynamic industries, which is video gaming.
The courses are taking place between November 2019 - June 2020 at the Ubisoft Bucharest and Kiev studios, and you will benefit from a monthly scholarship.
For 7 months, you will be mentored by our programming experts and by specialized university teachers. The classes will focus on building a series of contexts that replicate first hand experiences which a typical online programmer would encounter in a project.
If you graduate successfully, you will relocate to one of the Ubisoft studios participating in the program - Annecy, Montpellier, Paris, Quebec, Helsinki (Redlynx), Singapore, Toronto, Barcelona, Newcastle (Reflections), and continue as a full-time Online Programmer.
What do we need from you?
- Passion about gaming (and have some personal gaming projects to show it);
- Good programming knowledge (C/C++);
- Fresh graduate or final year student (top of your class);
- Analytical thinking, algorithmic and data structure skills;
- Fast learner and eager to evolve in the field of online programming;
- Proficiency in English;
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and work in a team.