Desktop Support Analyst
This role falls within the EUC EMEA Region (based in Bucharest) reporting to the EMEA Desktop Manager - and part of the Global End User Computing Team. The role is focused on proactively supporting desktop services for local Bucharest office staff plus supporting staff located in other EMEA office locations (London).
Responsibilities will comprise of BAU live service and possible Project work.
The Scope of Work for Supplier is to provide one resource, based in Bucharest office who will be responsible for:
- Responding promptly to incidents and service requests via ticket system, mail or phone
- Take ownership of tickets within the Desktop team, troubleshoot issue or service request through to completion
- Ensuring all tickets are updated to the correct standard and that the customer's expectations have been set accordingly
- Resolving all desktop related incidents and requests within the defined SLAs of the group
- Awareness of the organisation structure (different entities within the group) and competence to escalate significant problems or VIP issues promptly to Management
- Identifying and implementing service improvements, to remove single points of failure and to provide a more efficient, robust system and support process
- Interaction with the Global Service Desk to increase 1st time fix rate and reduce level of quick fix calls to desktop support
- Setup new Starters and support of all onsite hardware.
- 3 years L2 desktop Support experience required
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills across a wide range of corporate technologies
- Service driven, customer focused, enjoys resolving problems and user interaction
- Professional work ethic, able to take on responsibility and meet targets
- Process and documentation driven
- Seeks input from colleagues, actively listens to their contribution; checks understanding
- Attention to detail, seeks to help and co-operate with customers in order to develop productive, professional relationships with Customers (internal/external).
- Resolve day to day issues that fall under Desktop Services remit - including equipment procurement and provision, client escalation and local resolution
- Tenacious and delivery focused in approach. Continually seeks to make the area in which they work more efficient and effective
Effective Communication skills:
- Excellent written and oral skills, clear and concise, keeps manager informed of work progression at sensible intervals.
- Continuously sets client expectations.
- Accept requests for support by telephone, email and the Remedy call management system.
- Performing basic first line investigation and diagnosis of incidents reported prior to referral; application of a first time fix if possible.
- Recording every request for support into the Remedy call management system, ensuring these records meet published support and Incident Management guidelines.
- Assess the impact of each request and take appropriate action.
- Assign requests to appropriate internal or third-party support groups
- Proactively monitor the progress of each request and escalate where required.
- Inform customers of the status and progress of their requests regularly
- Ensure incident records are updated regularly with events and action plans
- Ensure customers are satisfied before resolving their requests
- Communicate planned and unplanned service disruptions to the organisation
- Facilitate the transfer of information between first line and other support groups
- Ensure that co-ordination and communication between the Service Desk and the technical support teams are being maintained in system critical situations
- Maintain the Service Desk solution documentation and knowledge bases
- Assist in the publication of customer self-help material
- Assist in the identification of Problems
- Evaluate standards and processes that the support team is involved with and highlight any areas of improvement
- Undertake any other duties as may be required by LSEG management on an ad-hoc basis
- Working knowledge of the ITIL / ITSM methodologies
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows core technologies is essential.
- An understanding of Microsoft Citrix would be beneficial
- Knowledge of RAS technologies, including the support of laptops
- The role requires frequent, regular contact with internal members of LSEG, across a broad spectrum of departments and levels. Frequent contact with Clearing Members.
- An ability to focus on the needs of the customer, in order to understand their service requirements, is key to this role.
- As such, delivery of this role comprises the successful instigation of the Incident Management process, the facilitation of information and the return to normal service of IT technology.
- Accuracy of works conducted is critical and analytical attention to detail mandatory for this post.
- In line with standard service management practice, and with the procedures that we have in place at LSEG, decisions will need to be made on an on-going basis regarding specific issues.
- Deliver helpful, accurate and professional service to all customers and team members.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Will need to work closely with other members of the Desktop Team to ensure the delivery of a premium service. Excellent interpersonal communication coupled with an approachable and flexible attitude.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.