Senior C++ Software Developer
A C++ Senior Software engineer is expected to have a very good knowledge on software engineering principles and C++ concepts and applications. He/she is expected to be able to work with minimum guidance initially and is expected to transform and integrate up to medium to high complexity business/technical/operational requirements into working C++ code with the expected quality and integrity. A senior software engineer is expected to have a detailed understanding of the software modules that he/she is working for.
- Work as a contributing member in a multi-disciplined agile scrum team as a senior C++ engineer
- Processes an in depth understanding software module/s and the subsystem/s that he/she is expected to work for with respect to design, code structures, quality, functional and non-functional perspective with minimum guidance
- Understand the story level requirements, extract the tasks that are relevant to the software modules concerned and transform them into acceptable C++ code
- Apply the code changes to the software modules with software integrity and best practices maintained as defined.
- Assure the quality of software being developed with adequate level of unit, component and end-to-end testing where applicable. A very good knowledge in working with static and dynamic code analysis tools and follow the recommendations is expected.
- Adhere to the SDLC standards that is being setup.
- Ability to articulate the code structure and the design of the software components to an internal stakeholder
- Participate in peer code reviews and ability to pinpoint errors and improvement points
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- This is an individual contributing role in a team with no leadership expectations
- Expected to be a good team player
- In depth understanding and a working experience in C++ or in any other programming language. In the event of the latter, a fair understanding of C++ and willingness to work in C++ is expected.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of working experience as a Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer capacity
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.