Senior Project Manager
The role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of cross-asset class, cross-functional technology projects that are critical to achieving company objectives within Capital Markets Data Solutions, Shared Technology. The Senior Project Manager also leads multiple work streams throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring high quality and cost-effective deliverables. You may also be the line manager for a team of project managers.
- Manages projects that involve multiple stakeholders, ensuring project charters, integrated project plans, resource and contingency plans are scoped and documented and that risk management processes are in place
- Align delivery and execution of projects to agreed company-wide / strategic plans
- Work across multi-functional teams to ensure alignment of deliverables
- Partner with Leadership, Project Stakeholders and Sponsors to achieve business objectives / outcomes
- Provide feedback loop between end users/stakeholders into the project to ensure mitigation of risks and eliminate any potential blockers to implementation / adoption
- Assess, manage risks and escalate as appropriate
- Prepares and distributes project status reports, keeping management appraised of portfolio progress, major risks and issues and scope and resource changes
- Deliver regular and timely communications through project lifecycle to ensure stakeholder engagement
- Manages the project budget request process and performs regular financial reviews, tracking and measuring financial performance and key metrics against plan and validating financial forecasts
- Ensures all projects adhere to LSEG Group Standards for project methodology, governance and risk management
- Creates and maintains a roadmap for the portfolio and is responsible for the implementation of change management processes, policies and best practice
- Deliver a consistent framework of project management and semi-automated project reporting across Capital Markets Data Solutions, including standards on ticket tagging and generation of dashboards
- As a people leader, directs and leads a team of Agile Delivery Managers, coordinating activities and providing encouragement and inspiration to help others succeed
Governance and Risk Management
- Preparation, collation, and distribution of project status reports, ad hoc presentations, and reporting (including senior management reporting)
- Ensure governance procedures are adhered to
- Work with the local manager to understand and manage the delivery risk within the project - drive out, track and reduce project level risks
- Adhere to the planning standards and process to ensure transparency on key deliverables and dependencies so that delivery can be tied to cost
- Formulate data-driven insights to support negotiations and effectively persuade diverse stakeholders, driving alignment towards shared objectives
- Proactively and effectively manages diverse stakeholder groups across the project/s lifecycle, successfully differentiating the approach and communications to address stakeholder needs
- Maintains collaborative and trusting relationships with stakeholders, effectively overcoming challenges and positioning alternatives to move the project or programme forward.
- Accountable for project level communications
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in operational role or project management required
- Experience must demonstrate managing projects across cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, ability to interact at all levels of the organization and tailor messages appropriately
- Strong presentation skills (both Power Point and verbal skills)
- Strong analytical skills, ability to conduct data analysis in Microsoft Excel and identify data points critical for decision making
- Independent self-starter who can manage multiple activities to aggressive deadlines.
- Eagerness to learn the business and understand detailed business requirements
- Experience working with cross functional teams
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.