Dynamic Simulation Engineer
Let's Talk About You!
"Let’s make tomorrow different today" is our genuine commitment at Siemens Energy to all customers and employees on the way to a sustainable future.
A Snapshot of Your Day
The mission of our Dynamic Simulation Engineer is the responsibility for the development of physical-technological fundamentals in emerging topics - e.g., organic Rankine cycle, hydrogen technology, fuel supply, solar heat, and thermal storage - as basis for software development.
How You'll Make an Impact
- Perform diverse dynamic simulations for execution and R&D projects. This requires the use of the commercial software Dymola as well as the Siemens Energy in house developed program code Dynaplant.
- Develops physical-technological fundamentals in emerging topics concerning dynamic simulations and customization of the available software either by yourself or with the colleagues from the software development team.
- For the new business area of high temperature heat pumps, you develop the models for compressors and special types of heat exchangers as a prototype in the Dymola environment and support the transfer of the models to Dynaplant.
- You support execution projects with water hammer simulations of e.g., the cooling water and district heating systems.
- You maintain and improve the Dymola model library and are responsible for linking several data banks with physical properties to the available software.
- You consult the execution and R&D projects in all questions regarding dynamics.
- You maintain and enhance your worldwide expert network.
What You Bring
- University degree in physics or in a related field.
- Familiarity with the entire MS Office environment.
- Proven experience in software development platforms as e.g., Gitlab, in using Visual Studio and have very good knowledge in Python, C++, C#.
- You should be familiar with established methods of numerical mathematics.
- It would be a benefit if you already have experience in process simulations with Dymola and knowledge of the Modelica modeling language.
- Experience or know-how in power plant technology and processes is a plus.
- A graduate is welcome and will get the chance to familiarize with the above topics and assume responsibility step by step.
- Social competence, the ability to work in international teams, high communication skills are required.
- You take strong initiatives, are highly result oriented as well, have a pronounced well-structured working method.
- Proficiency in spoken & written English.
About the Team
In our Business Unit Generation we offer a broad portfolio of groundbreaking technologies, services and solutions for centralized and decentralized energy production.
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected.
With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same.
Through diversity, we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Rewards / Benefits
- The opportunity to engage in an exciting environment on challenging projects.
- Strong professional support and working with colleagues around the world.
- Professional development opportunities within the company.
- To be part of a growing function with a dynamic, informal and inspiring working environment in a position that entails a large responsibility.