Senior Cloud FinOps Specialist
The Cloud FinOps team is a reasonably new team within the organisation but one that has been growing and maturing quickly. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of working with at least one public cloud provider; be familiar with the FinOps foundation's framework & know what is required to achieve "run" maturity; will be comfortable working with customers to highlight how to achieve improved cost / performance ratios of their application deployments & to highlight how to interpret the charts to identify anomalies within the data. The role will also require an amount of report and presentation creation and sharing with senior management each month.A Senior Cloud FinOps Specialist is required to:Work collaboratively with customers to translate cost and usage reports from the three major Cloud providers (GCP, Azure and AWS) to identify improvements with cost / performance ratios for application deployments;Teach how to interpret graphs to identify anomalies;Monitor and maintain the FinOps software (i.e. CloudHealth);Work with Finance to provide reports and ad-hoc data to highlight spend & forecasted growth and to work with multiple public cloud providers to seek opportunities to reduce cost for the group (through identifying instance type usage; implementing reserved instances on AWS, Azure & GCP; reducing unattached volumes or terminating virtual machines running >1% compute etc).Role Responsibilities
- Use your understanding of public cloud cost and usage reports to identify opportunities to reduce spend (via reserved instances or improving cost / performance ratios of deployments).
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and can spot and translate how to use the latest services to improve cost / performance for the business stakeholders.
- Manage the FinOps application platform to ensure that the reports generated are up-to-date and accurate.
- Supports analytical, experimental, investigative and other fact-finding work in support of cost management.
- Provides information, analysis and reporting to support finance teams and senior leadership.
- Act as a conduit between finance and technical teams so an understanding of common financial terms is essential.
- While this is mainly an individual contributor role, a small amount of team management will be expected from time to time so working collaboratively is essential.
- Degree in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 years prior experience working with public cloud essential (either AWS, Azure or GCP), preferably in a large-scale organisation.
- Familiar with the FinOps Foundation framework.
- Experience managing a public cloud cost management tool (preferably CloudHealth).
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.