Back-End Developer (DevOps)
An opportunity exists within a large financial services organisation for a Back-end Developer with DevOps experience as part of a new capability within RDP Content Platform Technology. This role will form part of a new team to be based in Bucharest which will have support both locally and from the wider team. This is a newly formed organisation of circa 450 team members that sits as part of the larger Content Transformation Team of circa 1000 people.
Our goal is to build out the Technology team operating from our strategic site in Bucharest providing experienced and diverse team members to support multiple roles across our portfolio of global projects. This is a very exciting time to get involved, to help develop and shape new technology and drive change throughout the organisation.
This role will work as part of a scrum team.
- Understand and analyse the business use cases and technical requirements and be able to build & integrate a varying suite of internal and external services running in microservice ecosystem
- Validated experience with delivering complex infrastructure
- Automating infrastructure deployments
- Deliver complex applications (implementation, testing, deployment, and handover to maintenance teams)
- Optimize applications for maximum performance
- Collaborate with front-end developers and designers to deliver the best possible solution
- Work within an Agile scrum following lean and agile development methodologies
- Follow best practices and processes, working across all stages of the product lifecycle from discovery, through define and to build
- Determine work priorities based on general direction from managers
- Provide specialist advice to middle and senior management to resolve complex issues
- Demonstrate clear prioritisation and planning for activities to ensure timely delivery
- Develop software/scripts to provide solutions to perform all SDLC activities for all development teams using CI/CD automation
- Assist in building and adopting software delivery tools to accelerate growth
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing architecture
- Help to implement new technologies in development for future deployment
- Help implement and improve development CI/CD software pipeline
- Identify improvements to the configuration and design to improve reliability, performance, and operability
- Assist in all vital phases of a project implementation, including functional requirements, technical design, development, unit testing and user acceptance testing
- Gather requirements from partners to develop the best automation solutions
Technical skills required:
- Proven 3-5 years experience as a back-end JAVA developer
- Experience in working with APIs, micro services, RESTful APIs, Databases, Unix, cloud platforms (preferably AWS) and serverless approach
- Hands-on experience with setting up environments using Terraform
- Wide knowledge of Java/Kotlin programming languages and related tools
- Experience with multi-threading and inter-process communication
- Experience with Spring (Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data)
- Exposure to build and packaging tools (Maven, Gradle)
- Knowledge on Unit Testing Frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, etc)
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of automated software application builds and deployments
- Experience in working with CI/CD approach (tools integration and implementation)
- Git as source code repository
- Experience with development tools (IntelliJ, Eclipse, etc.)
- Knowledge of Design patterns, SOLID principles, OOD
Personal skills required:
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills. From figuring out how to best implement a design, to fixing bugs that crop up
- In-depth understanding of entire development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate across cross functional teams
- Experience in SCRUM development and knowledge of JIRA and Confluence tools
- Continuous learning and self-development mindset
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.