QA Automation Engineer
An opportunity exists within a large financial services organisation for a QA Engineer as part of a new capability within RDP Content Platform Technology. This role will form part of a new team to be based in Bucharest which will have support both locally and from the wider team. This is a newly formed organisation of circa 450 team members that sits as part of the larger Content Transformation Team of circa 1000 people.
Our goal is to build out the Technology team operating from our strategic site in Bucharest providing experienced and dynamic team members to support multiple roles across our portfolio of global projects. This is a very exciting time to get involved, to help develop and shape new technology and drive change throughout the organisation.
This role will work as part of a scrum team.
- Follow best practices and QA methodologies and processes, working across critical stages of the product lifecycle from define to build
- Understand the business use cases and carry out testing to ensure top quality of delivered solutions
- Carry out Functional testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Smoke testing, build acceptance testing and System testing.
- Carry out Non-functional testing: performance, scalability, load and soak testing using tools such as JMeter
- Understand and analyse the Requirement Specifications and translate them into test cases.
- Create and review test scripts, regression checklist and sanity test checklist
- Perform Software quality assurance activities as per defined Quality norms
- Execute Test Scripts, Defect tracking in applicable tool, Status Reporting, Defect Reporting
- Test automation - API testing in Java - practically all testing is automated in this project
- Drive continuous improvement from quality perspective
- Provide coaching to junior staff as needed
- 3-5 years in Quality Assurance Engineer role
- Previous experience with defining test scenarios and running them against complex systems
- Demonstrable experience in QA methodologies
- Familiarity with all types of testing viz functional, integration, regression, smoke/sanity, acceptance, system testing, non-functional: performance, scalability, load and soak
- Hands-on test automation experience (Java preferable)
- Hands-on experience with Python is a plus
- Good understanding of SDLC, CICD and Git (source code repository)
- CI/CD tools integration and implementation
- Hands-on experience with Jenkins
- AWS Cloud
- Solid understanding of automated software application builds and deployments
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.