Senior SQL Developer
Senior Developer, Development - Index Technology will be responsible for the solution design and delivery of building new Index services in support the governance and management of Indices, operational and audit requirements.
The remit for this role is a part of the wider programme to build solutions to fit in target state index platform and achieving strategic objectives of LSEG Index business.
- Design, and manage database objects (tables, views, indexes, keys, stored procedures, functions, DB links, etc.) to Market Data projects
- Maintenance and support of the existing index calculation libraries, index simulators and other commercial products
- Design, build, and maintain extract-transformation-load (ETL) processes
- Implement and test database objects in non-production environments
- Move supporting data between non-production environments
- Assist other developers with SQL questions as needed
- Performance review and tuning on pending, new and, production database objects
- Maintain database objects in a software version control system
- Support Testing efforts from a database perspective
- Data expert for migrating data from existing applications and database environments to new architecture
- Identifies and executes improvements to code
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting
- May assist the Database Architect with performing other duties or special projects as required or assigned
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience in software development methodologies and Agile based delivery
- Extensive experience in MSSQL Server DB programming, database design, data warehouse design, query performance tuning, writing stored procedures, etc.
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft BI tools (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Good to have database administration skills for job monitoring, backup/restore, security management
- Experience developing ETL processes loading Data Warehouses/Data Marts
- Must have strong knowledge on Data Warehouse design concepts - Star, Snowflake, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices and software development process
- Experience supporting a multi-database environment
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
Volunteering Events Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.