Senior QA Analyst
LSEG Technology's world-leading technology powers market infrastructure organizations around the world. LSEG Technology build innovative, scalable, mission critical, real-time, distributed software systems for trading, clearing, market surveillance and data analysis.
LSEG Technology is looking for Senior QA Analysts who are well versed with the end-to-end software life cycle from requirements gathering, design, development, testing to application operations. They will work in an agile environment employing Devops practices to move requirements to production faster.
As a Senior QA Analyst, you will work on specific project scrum team with opportunities to switch roles, teams, and projects as our dynamic business grow. Senior QA Analysts will report to a QA Lead/Manager role.
Over time, the efficiency of the individual will be measured by:
- The number of functional defects leaked to UAT and / or Production.
- On time completion of all testing planned.
Key responsibilities for this role are to:
- Work with the scrum team (PO, Dev, DevOps) in requirements refinement to understand the business requirements, test requirements and create relevant acceptance criteria to certify the system.
- Study requirement specifications, User Stories etc. to understand the business needs and any impacts to the current system, and proactively seek clarifications.
- Create, maintain and update test plans, scenarios, test cases, acceptance criteria and automated test scripts based on the requirement specifications.
- Help the team building required acceptance criteria covering the requirements, cross functional and other aspects of the systems such as load, performance and fault tolerance in GWT (Given, When, Then) format.
- Review tests built by other team members for coverage and negative scenarios.
- Execute and report results of automated and manual tests.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues in automated test scripts.
- Report issues and anomalies of the system in the issue tracking system.
- Research new QA tools & methodologies and suggest improvements to the team.
- Provide daily, weekly status updates to the team, leads and managers.
To be successful in this role, we would like you to have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification.
- 4+ years' extensive hands-on experience in both Manual and Automation testing.
- Experience on WIN / UNIX operating systems (manage QA environments for functional integration, installation, automation, test scheduling, etc)
- Ability to write test automation scripts and test frameworks using Java and other scripting languages/testing frameworks/tools to improve test efficiency and automation (Python, Selenium WebDriver for UI part, TestNG, Cucumber for BDD, Maven, GIT etc)
- Experience working in an agile methodology and a clear understanding of standard software QA processes.
- High attention to details and strong communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience in capital markets domain will be an added advantage
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems like Jenkins is a plus
- Experience with managing services and applications in AWS Cloud is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Database Concepts (familiar with SQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL/SAP Hana database or others)
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.