Data Engineer on AWS Cloud
Cloud Data EngineerRole Profile
We are looking to fill a Data Engineer on AWS Cloud who will play an integral role in the ongoing data analysis, data migration, pipeline development, BI/dashboard development, automation and maintenance of a data platform. While constantly driving innovation and working on complex technical challenges every day, this team member will work closely with BAs, PO's, PMs and other team members to understand business requirements, design and develop quality technical solutions that are aligned with the business and platform strategies while ensuring compliance with the organization's architectural and coding standards. In this role, the developer will also be responsible for helping to troubleshoot complex support issues on an as needed basis.
- Design and develop scalable, reusable ETL/ELT pipelines using Snowflake, DMS, Glue, Python/Scala, and other AWS Cloud services - in line with LSEG architectural standards and best practices
- Work together with other developers, business analysts and product owners to ensure that new or modified ETL applications are developed using industry standard best practice design and development practices
- Troubleshoot complex technical problems, and assess and mitigate risks by conducting performance tuning, backup/recovery, and scalability/capacity planning
- Help to manage data as a critical asset across all of the organization's business functions
- 3+ years of Data Engineering experience in AWS Cloud
- 3+ years of ETL/ELT development
- Experience in Data Warehousing or Data Lakes which includes data integration concepts, analysis and development of Dataflows, mappings using needed transformations
- Experience using ETL/ELT tools such as Glue, Nifi, Airflow and languages such as Python/Scala
- Sound SQL Knowledge and ability to do performance tuning on SQLs and ETL layer
- Experience in data transformation features such as: Preserving, Hierarchy Flattening, Match Transform, Data Cleansing Generator, Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, etc.
- Knowledge on Data Quality Transformation
- Implementation of SCD Type2 dimensions to maintain the history of dimensional data
- Experience with multiple end-to-end large scale Data Conversion Projects.
- Experience in building BI/dashboards using Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets (semi structured/structured)
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or IT related field or equivalent IT related experience
- Experience with complex business projects
- Demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and the implications of those requirements on current and future roadmaps
- Understanding, at a detailed level, of all architectural dependencies of technologies in IT environments
- Proficient in SQL & Analytic SQL
- Demonstrated behaviours of a curious, logical thinker and a strong systems aptitude
- Proven ability to make and drive solution decisions
- Experience with data migrations and coordination in a cross-project management team and business functions
- Fundamental understanding of data modeling stages and techniques
- Expertise with Data integration tools (including ETL and data replication tools)
- Data Modelling concepts and tools
- Continuous Integration and source control
- Experience in using Data Governance products is a Plus
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Agile development processes (SCRUM and Kanban)
- Strong communication, presentation, documentation and interpersonal skills
- Able to self-manage and work independently in a fast-paced environment with dynamic requirements and priorities
- Experience with Jira a plus
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
1 additional day off for your Birthday
Annual wellness allowance
Share Purchase Plan
Medical Health Insurance
Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
Pillar 3 Private Pension
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.