GL Analyst (AR and Spare Parts Stock) with French
Michelin, a leader in the field of tires, is dedicated to sustainably enriching of the mobility of goods and people through the production, distribution and marketing of tires for each type of vehicle. It also offers innovative business support services, digital mobility services and publishes travel, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and atlases. Michelin has over 4500 employees in Romania: 3 factories (2 in Zalău and 1 in Florești - Prahova), as well as a commercial network, and a center for shared services, in Bucharest. The office in Bucharest also hosts the coordination center for the Central Europe region.
In 2020-2022, Michelin Romania obtained the Top Employers certification, from the renowned Top Employers Institute, for its Human Resources processes and policies, created for the benefit of its employees.
LET’S INSPIRE MOTION FOR LIFE
Where do success and ideas come from? We strongly believe they come from collective intelligence.
Our talents, people and employees are the source of purposeful and sustainable innovations. That’s why we care about developing and enhancing their strength, and we ensure them a tailored professional journey across units and countries.
What drives us is the spirit of unlimited innovation, which we all possess. Our goal is to cultivate and nurture that spirit, by questioning the status quo, improving our way to do things. Therefore, we are always optimistic as to overcome the challenges of tomorrow.
That’s our mission as an employer: inspiring innovation in all of us, to build a better life in motion for you and for everyone.
Michelin Romania SA, as data Controller, will process the data pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation no. 679/2016 for the purpose of recruiting and selecting candidates.
Under the Regulation, you have the right of access; the right of rectification or right to erasure; the right to restriction of processing; the right to be notified about rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing; the right to object and the automated individual decision-making; the right to lodge a complaint with the competent national supervisory authority and before the competent courts; the right to restriction of processing and the right to data portability. You may exercise these rights by writing to us at 10 Sos. Bucuresti-Nord, Global City Business Park, Building O1, 3rd Floor, Voluntari, Ilfov County or at dataprivacy_EUC@michelin.com.
Before sending us any personal data, please consult the complete and permanently updated information regarding the processing of personal data included in the Data Processing Policy available on our website.
This role is based in the Michelin Shared Services Center in Bucharest, Michelin Corporate & Business Services, where more than 700 colleagues deliver excellence in Purchasing, Finance, Logistics, Sales Administration and Personnel.
What we’re looking for:
• At least 3 years of experience in finance, such as GL, AR/AP, cost control or audit
• Good knowledge of French and English;
• Good Excel skills, ERP system knowledge is a plus (Oracle)
• Economic background;
• Analytical approach, ability to deal with numbers;
• Structured and organized;
• Curiosity and eager to learn new things;
• Team spirit and can do attitude
The GL Analyst will:
• Perform monthly reconciliation and analysis of AR and spare parts stocks accounts in order to observe possible deviations from trends; analyse these variatios; the accounts are priorily prepared and justified by an external provider in Manilla, Philippine (Conduent)
• Is responsible for accurate and timely sales reporting during month end closing, checking any discrepancies or missing codes
• Generate balance sheet, perform closing operations for VAT, incomes and expenses, accruals recording
• Outside month end closing follows up on deffered rebates, with the purpose of allocating the amounts on correct cost centers, matching the production lines
• Manage the daily relationship with the subcontractor (Conduent) following day-to-day activities and
performance, supervising the escalation process, and providing the necessary validations for operational deliverables;
• Works colaborately with Business Support Controlling Team, local accounting teams (chief accountant) and external provider (Conduent)
• Initiate and conduct operational action plan with the various actors (Michelin Corporate Business Services, Conduent and related processes) to correct malfunctions and achieve the KPI, TCCI (Internal Control Compliance Rate) and SLA targets within his/her remit
• Provide all the necessary assistance and data to the auditors or tax/regulatory controllers from his (her) cycle(s)
• Prepare and disseminate cycle quality indicators; A cycle is a set of accounting transactions relating to assets and liabilities of a similar nature and their impact on results. It consists in grouping balance sheet accounts of a similar nature (specific cycles may include income statement items). Example: customer, supplier, finance, inventory, personnel, capital, taxes, fixed assets;
In Michelin, we offer:
• A multicultural environment based on respect and transparency;
• Flexible work schedule and home-office options;
• Meal vouchers and lunch discount (for delivery, selected partner);
• Private medical subscription, life insurance;
• Deduction of vacation costs;
• Dedicated commercial offers from our partners;
• The option to customize your own benefits package with: gym access, massage or dental subscription, contribution to private retirement pension, deduction of public transport costs, gift vouchers etc.
How we recruit:
Once you submit your application, one of our recruiters reviews it. If your profile fits our role:
• We have a phone call to get to know each other;
• We hold assessments to see your language skills and competencies;
• We meet in a face to face (or online, depending the context) interview, with a recruiter and the hiring manager.
Pass all stages with flying colors, and we’ll send you our offer.