Business Operations Analyst
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Metropolitan Life active
View all jobs Business Operations Analyst active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Insurances - Financial Intermediaries active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Banks - Financial Institutions active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Accounting - Finance active on Hipo.ro
Metropolitan Life is part of MetLife, Inc. (NYSE: MET), one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits, and asset management to help their individual and institutional clients confidently step into the future. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 markets globally and holds leading positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
In Romania, Metropolitan Life has over 23 years of activity on the life insurance market. More than 3 million customers benefit from life insurance and mandatory private pensions offered by Metropolitan Life locally.
The Business Analyst we are looking for requires both hard and soft skills to excel in the position, at least:
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Business Analyst Certification will be considered a plus;
• Solid understanding of operational processes, including knowledge of managing data/technology processes, acquired in a previous similar position, preferable in insurance industry (+2 years’ experience);
• Proficiency with technology and system; knowledge of one or more of our administration system/systems (OLAS, LifeFit, CLAS, Telemark) is considered a plus;
• English proficiency at Upper intermediate level or higher;
• Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
• Proven SQL Knowledge;
• Ability to maintain effectiveness and professionalism when experiencing change in work tasks and/or the work environment.
• The ability to interact and build effective working relationships with peers and all levels of management;
• Strong data analytical skills - you must be able to leverage on data and statistical tools to draw valid conclusions and solve business problems (Data Cleaning & Preparation – obtain data from one or more sources, tackling missing and unstable data that may impact the assessment).
• Communication skills - the job of a Business Analyst is a cross-functional role that requires communication and teamwork with all other departments; it is essential that you have oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others;
• Independent thinker who can work without supervision, as well as with management;
• Strong business acumen and ability to apply practical thinking in solving business problems;
• Problem solving skills - being a Business Analyst, you will face problems, bugs, or bottlenecks each day. The critical skill is to find ways to solve the problem and move ahead;
• Project management skills – you will be using them in planning, monitoring, and implementing system change management projects and small IT fixes/changes
• Enthusiasm for Knowledge and Development - this is a team where we will learn and develop together and being eager to improve/diversify your skills will help us deliver exceptional results.
He / she will be responsible of properly planning, monitoring, and implementing system change management projects and of fixing small IT changes. Also, the new Business Analyst will oversee the quality of associated documentation: pre-production deployment materials - UAT test scenarios, Business acceptance forms; post production materials: user guides, reference manuals and training materials.
His / her job responsibilities will include:
• Acting as the primary liaison between IT and Customer Service & Operations when planning, building or deploying IT solutions / solving IT issues is needed;
• Identifying and documenting business and functional requirements, while ensuring concise and fully understandable business specifications are provided and offering support the delivery of the IT solution;
• Supporting the delivery of all aspects of small projects (e.g. Output documents modification: change of signatures; update of DoA limits) and/or phases of larger projects;
• Supporting the development of suitable testing and implementation strategies for each
project in conjunction with the IT and external suppliers- preparation of testing cases,
technical testing, end user testing, support end user during testing, UAT, Lead tester if required by project manager;
• Providing information and offering support, for end users, to help resolve problems
regarding CS & Ops system(s); SNOW: Reporting of errors/bugs for all operations, follow up of bugs, responding to GTC questions, urging not solved issues, solving problems if knowledge is in place;
• Ensuring the quality of all deliverables and associated documentation;
• Contributing to user guides, reference manuals and training materials;
• Actively participating in change management activities;
• Providing technical and work guidance to other colleagues from CS & Ops;
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with all relevant business partners;
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion, in line with Teams’ activity (e.g. Other department activities to ensure business continuity during planned /unplanned leaves).
What we offer:
• Friendly and dynamic work environment with multiple career development opportunities, allowing the colleague to explore a variety of functions and processes within the Operations area;
• Inclusive and multicultural team where you can create impact with your innovative ideas and creative personality;
• Various learning & development programs, adapted to your needs and goals;
• Work-life balance programs and a special care for your physical and mental health;
• Benefits (flexible hours, meal tickets, private medical subscription, insurance policy,
Bookster, additional holiday based on your seniority);
• Attractive salary and yearly additional compensation, according to your performance and support for the team;
• Hybrid way of working and good location – close to the subway.
By sending your CV you agree that Metropolitan Life will process your personal data for the recruitment process for this role.
At Metropolitan Life, part of MetLife, Inc, one of the largest life insurance companies in the world, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers. Metropolitan Life is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is Metropolitan’s Life policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.