Senior Integrations Engineer
Senior Integration Engineer, Market Operations TechnologyCompany Profile
LSEG is home to the exciting business of Capital Markets. As one of LSEG's core strengths, and with people at our centre, Capital Markets is crucial to enabling LSEGs mission. Today we are working to improve the critical systems which underpin the services that London Stock Exchange provides. We are offering a front row seat to the rise of fintech and digitalisation of the Financial Industry.
We take pride in our teams and are an equal opportunity employer. Our colleagues' backgrounds and experiences are as varied as the solutions they provide. Flexible working opportunities, a deep sense of community, and a collective mission to deliver our cloud first initiative, makes this a hugely rewarding place to work.
Unlike many organisations, most of our technology solutions are developed and delivered in-house. This internal expertise allows us to understand the diverse needs of our business and use modern methodologies to meet them. Just like our industry, we are constantly evolving and there has never been a more exciting time for you to join!Role Profile
The role is within the Market Operations Technology team which sits within the CM Shared Technology Division. We strive for our engineers to work within small, agile, self-managed teams that emphasise best practice and believe quality is everyone's responsibility. They bring an enthusiastic "you build it you run it" mindset whilst making sure they share their knowledge while removing constraints.
The Senior Integration Engineer is a member of software engineering team who handles infrastructure, development and deployment of the product and responsible for creating a continuous, automated, and feedback-driven production line in line with DevOps objectives. This role requires experience as a DevOps engineer in a cloud landscape (ideally AWS).
Troubleshooting, enhancing the environments, and ensuring service availability will be a key part of this role.Tech Profile
Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Bitbucket, Elastic Search, Scripting Technologies (Bash / Python / PowerShell), workflow automation and scheduling, Jira, Confluence.We are looking for someone who:
- understands and can implement Infrastructure as Code patterns and practices
- has understanding and experience in automating infrastructure provisioning and application deployment
- can build CI/CD pipelines orchestrating the promotion of code
- can design integration workflows and follow up on implementation requirements with the responsible teams for software product and shared tooling
- serve as L3 point of contact for troubleshooting integration issues
- understands the importance of observability and is familiar with the concept of implementing automatic alerts
- has an open and collaborative mindset keeping artefacts up to date and relevant while actively promoting knowledge sharing
- Ensure that all operational responsibilities are performed including monitoring systems and deploying releases
- Support development changes, providing accurate estimates for time and capital costs, attending project meetings and meeting deadlines
- Work closely with the Agile team to ensure operational requirements are met and changes impacted and implemented
- Troubleshooting and problem solving across the DevOps infrastructure;
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements;
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products;
- Work in cloud technologies and porting existing systems to cloud and automate them;
- Automation of build, integrate and test cycles related to the product;
- Implement our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products
- Advocate and evangelise best practice engineering
- Have familiarity with security and operational best practices
- Working in a modern, agile environment
- Identifies, prioritises, and executes tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develops tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Communicates with clarity, precision, and influence, presenting complex information in a concise format that is audience appropriate
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise DevOps and/or software engineering
- Experience with AWS - AWS API, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Cloud-Trail, IAM, ADFS, ElastiCache, Microservices, Elastic Beanstalk, DataDog
- Experience deploying applications in multiple availability zones, good understanding of disaster recovery setups and practices.
- Strong understanding of Cloud deployment security requirements
- Strong background in Linux and/or Windows
- Strong coding/scripting experience (BASH/Shell)
- Experience with configuring and using a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management using Bitbucket, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent
- Git source control using Bitbucket or equivalent
- Experience with security best practices for data at rest and data in-transit using AWS tools such as SSE-KMS, security policies, cryptographic protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pro-active approach to learning about and adapting to new technologies
- Knowledge of agile software development and DevOps philosophies
- Experience of managing and operating containers, Docker, Kubernetes, Anthos.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and BitBucket
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.