Mechanical Design Engineer - Radar - ADAS TSR
Passionate about mechanical design but also interested in smart cars? Take a look at our Mechanical Engineer role in our Mechanical Engineering Product Line RADAR. Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety. Accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development.
As a member of our Mechanical Design team you will be involved in the development process of different mechanical components which are part of the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems such as: cameras, radar, Lidar sensors and electronic control units.
As mechanical designer your main tasks will be:
- Design, CAD modeling and drawing creation for automotive components (mainly diecast, plastic and Sheetmetal parts) using Catia V5;
- Manage complete mechanical projects or work packages including communication with customers and suppliers;
- Perform tolerance calculation and FMEA studies;
- Perform packaging studies and integration of ADAS products in demo cars for potential customers or exhibitions.
Moreover, you will track the results of the FEA simulation and you will keep the contact with simulation and hardware engineers and project managers till final development of the product.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering;
* Automotive engineering experience;
* Knowledge of Catia V5;
* Knowledge of tolerance calculation and drawing standards;
* Knowledge of design and manufacturing of mechanical parts (diecast, Sheetmetal and plastic parts);
* Knowledge of tooling for diecast, Sheetmetal and plastic injection processes;
* English knowledge - good level.
What we offer:
- Integration Program in a professional, professional, young & dynamic team;
- Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.