Plant_Smart Applications Engineer (Robotics & Automation)_IE
We build tomorrow`s technology. We are #peopleofcontinentalsibiu: Click here to watch our location movie! Apply until data:
Check out your future responsibilities below
* We are looking for an experienced engineer capable of designing, building and delivering a reliable robotics process deployed at a global scale
* You need to be flexible and entrepreneurial. You are a true owner: you are hands on and you lead by example. You have experience in, or a passion for applying your skills in robotics. You acquire expertise as needed, iterate and adapt your approach. You create easy to maintain technical solutions with the long-term vision in mind.
* You'll be a key member of a mixed team (mechanical, electrical, automation, programmers) that designs, prototypes, integrates, tests and launches robotic applications throughout Continental production plants. You will partner with hardware engineers, software developers and project managers. Your responsibilities will include collaborating with other internal and external teams.
* Participate in all phases of new projects including concept, design, architecting, prototyping, and production;
* Analyze the challenges of our Plant;
* Define product requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality and integration with existing systems/platforms;
* Define start-up projects based on innovative solutions and concepts;
* Develop prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility and functionality of your concepts
* Connect and combine different technologies (CoBots, aAGVs, sensors, PLC devices);
* Drive the architectural roadmap;
* Experiment with and implement interfaces to various sensors and robots;
* Work closely with hardware teams to design and optimize the systems ;
* Collaborate with software, hardware and operations teams;
* Performance tuning and maintenance of on-device software;
* Analyze the current production systems and conduct benchmark studies;
* Keep pace with technology trends, relevant academic research, software, hardware skills and tools.
* engineering degree (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or mechatronic) with a focus on production system engineering/ automation engineering;
* several years professional experience in manufacturing industry and additionally knowledge about industrial automation;
* good knowledge in mechanical, pneumatical and electrical components;
* basic programming skills (C# / VB, .Net, Python, Java, Perl) could be a plus;
* communication protocols (TCP/IP, RestAPI, WebSockets, ModBus etc)
* passion for innovation;
* very good judgment ability;
* high analytical thinking;
* have a sense of strong self-direction, experience working in distributed teams and good communication skills;
* project management and coordination abilities.
Comp & Ben:
* Pay for Performance;
* Achievement Bonus & Rewards;
* Referral Bonus;
* Work Time Flexibility: mobile-work, part-time contracts, sabbatical, flexible working hours;
* Relocation Bonus (when applicable);
* System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
* Kindergarten on Site (partial subvention);
* Regina Maria Medical Policlinic on Site (for Continental employees & their families);
* Private Health Insurance Services (global provider, > 700 medical partners);
* Private Travel Insurance (valid worldwide);
* Restaurant and Coffee Corner on Site: daily discount, live cooking, international cuisine & outdoor terrace;
* Community Events;
* Many other benefits to enjoy after work (in partnership with Benefits Online, > 2.000 offers, >800 partners).
* Career path of choice to support Technical, Leadership or Project Management aspirations;
* Personalized learning perks including digital courses;
* Ground-breaking projects in Automotive and Tech;
* Private Academic Scholarships (Bachelor/Master/PhD).
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.
Continental Romania: Continental dezvolta tehnologii si servicii inovatoare pentru mobilitatea sustenabila si interconectata a oamenilor si a bunurilor acestora. Compania cu profil tehnologic fondata tn 1871 ofera solutii sigure, eficiente, inteligente si accesibile pentru autovehicule, masini, trafic si transport. Continental a realizat tn 2020 o cifra de afaceri de 37,7 miliarde de euro si are tn prezent aproximativ 193.000 de angajati tn 58 de tari si piete. Tn 2021, compania aniverseaza 150 de ani de la tnfiintare.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary.