The British School of Bucharest (BSB) is a leading international School, providing a comprehensive international education based on the National Curriculum for England and offers EYFS, Primary and Secondary schooling, with IGCSEs to A Levels.
BSB has offered, since the year 2000, a British education in Bucharest for children aged 2-18. It is a richly diverse learning community, with more than 650 students represented by over 50 nationalities. They benefit from an impressive pupil to teacher ratio and small class sizes, ensuring a personalised and highly supportive learning environment, offered by 100% English-speaking teachers.
BSB is the only British school in Romania rated as ‘excellent’ for both ‘the quality of pupils’ learning and achievements’ and the ‘quality of pupils’ personal development’, according to 2018 UK Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report.
• Previous working experience as an Office Assistant or in Customer Care for at least three years
• English – fluent (all work related activities are performed in English)
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational and time management skills
• Customer service skills, preferably with direct exposure to customers claims
• Analytical problem solver
• Conflict management skills
• Being able to perform with little supervision
• Ability to prepare and analyse data, figures and transcriptions prepared on and generated by computer
• Able to prioritise easily
• Oversee the guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office, and maintain complete accessibility in both availability and warmth of character
• Respond professionally to direct or indirect enquiries from teachers and parents
• Arrange meetings or parents' tours in accordance with internal procedures
• Daily registration processes: attendance, lunch and bus schedule
• Mediate parents' relationship with the school regarding lunch, transport, uniforms, toddler groups, kids parties, adult learning, photos, trips, school events, afterschool and external exams.
• Provide direct administrative support as needed, including scheduling appointments, meetings and events, booking travel, maintaining filing system, mailing and shipping packages, and updating contact database and students' list
• Handling office interactions, responding to requests and questions
• Perform clerical duties, including, but not limited to, mailing and filing correspondence, preparing reports, placing orders and answering calls
• Photocopy, scan and file appropriate documents
• Edit documents for accuracy
• Maintain accurate records and enter data in all the systems the company is using
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
• Maintain trusting relationships with colleagues, parents and suppliers